The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-16-2018, 01:46 PM   #1
xaircav

The $1k lifter update.

The $1k lifter is gone replaced by an Edelbrock Performer cam (204/214) and lifters, Comp Cams 1.5 roller tip rockers and a new rear main seal and Fel Pro one piece pan gasket which have cured my oil leak. I broke in the cam and during the test ride I thought "runs good but I was expecting more power". Then I realized there where ten 40 pound bags of stove pellets in the bed. Dooh!
Attached Images

xaircav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 04:20 PM   #2
mr48chev

Re: The $1k lifter update.

Well you didn't break the frame trying to do a wheelie with those in there ?

In 1973 I bought a bunch of pieces including chrome seat frame, rear fenders, running boards an a few other trinkets off a guy who had had an AD truck that he sold to some guy for his kid and the kid and his buddy loaded the bed full of cement blocks just in front of the tailgate and proceeded to go out in the street and attempt to do a wheelie and broke the frame in the process. Guy took the truck back to the guy I got the parts from and demanded his money back because he said the truck was defective. I sure got some nice parts cheap and he threw in a lot of extra stuff for free and poured me a beer from the tap on the side of his fridge in his shop that in 1973 was unheard of to have a keg on tap at home.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote