The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-18-2018, 11:00 PM   #26
davischevy

Re: Behind every project is a supportive spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
never lost my man card..

Mrs. Bee keeps it safe and sound in her purse
Yeah, we know, and only takes it out to slap you with it, right. Remember.....we saw the text.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:17 PM   #27
Killer Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
Yeah, we know, and only takes it out to slap you with it, right. Remember.....we saw the text.
LoL, yer right, I've got a great woman by my side! btw, here's a pic of that 496 BBC installed, makes me drivetrain seems solid and professionally done but sadly though, I think the body is a little too rough around the edges.. I'll keep y'all posted..

Old 04-19-2018, 08:25 AM   #28
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
LoL, yer right, I've got a great woman by my side! btw, here's a pic of that 496 BBC installed, makes me drivetrain seems solid and professionally done but sadly though, I think the body is a little too rough around the edges.. I'll keep y'all posted..

I can tell your proud of your woman.

I'm a lucky man too.

I have never been told I couldn't buy something. I have been told I was stupid for buying it.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:50 PM   #29
Bigdav160

All I can say is: it must be nice. My spouse showed interest until the day we got married and it's been 18 year of going down hill ever since.

I am ready to trade her in.
'73 Z-28 Camaro
'63 Ford SWB Uni Pickup
'50 Ford Coupe
Bigdav160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:58 PM   #30
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Currently im married to a wonderful woman who is very supportive of everything I do. the first wife was evil and hated every car or truck I brought home, whined that my son and I went fishing on my boat and more or less whined until I sold everything. Finally I realized that I got rid of the wrong things and got rid of her. fast forward a few years and this woman im married to now not only supports my business ventures but my hobbies as well. She encourages me to ride my motorcycle, despite her fear of them and participates in some events I attend by meeting me at the finish and partaking in the festivities afterwards, we each have our vintage cars and she comes with me to swap meets and shows to not only tag along but to help pick out accessories or projects. She encouraged me to buy my 71 Monte Carlo, and even spent some time working on it with me ( not bad for a 58 year old gal eh?) She is my soulmate and I love being out in the garage or on the road or anywhere with her
Attached Images

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:17 PM   #31
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

^^^^You're one lucky guy!

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:13 PM   #32
Grumpy old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Or she's reading over his shoulder as he's typing
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:44 PM   #33
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
Or she's reading over his shoulder as he's typing
Could be. One never knows when the other half will appear...

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 06:49 AM   #34
Advanced Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
X2...Beautiful wife old Rusty!

I didn’t tell the story of why my wife was in the trunk. It was basically the latch malfunction and trunk wouldn’t open issue. Pulled the back seat for access and I was too big to squeeze through....so she volunteered, wiggled through with tools and a light to disassemble the latch.

While she is incredibly supportive of my automotive affliction and has been with me since high school, I never did tell her I had the wrong key in trying to open the trunk.
Attached Images

Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:02 AM   #35
flashed

What is her Phone number , Im gonna tel her . Not .
Right after we bought our 72 Malibu Convertible we were taking it on a trip and I put the bags in the trunk and just as I closed the trunk I realized I had layed the only set of keys on the spare tire inside the trunk .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:32 PM   #36
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
X2...Beautiful wife old Rusty!

I didn’t tell the story of why my wife was in the trunk. It was basically the latch malfunction and trunk wouldn’t open issue. Pulled the back seat for access and I was too big to squeeze through....so she volunteered, wiggled through with tools and a light to disassemble the latch.

While she is incredibly supportive of my automotive affliction and has been with me since high school, I never did tell her I had the wrong key in trying to open the trunk.
Next time I drop by, I will try to keep my mouth shut. Looks like I may be going back up to Ohio next week, so watch out.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:11 PM   #37
Advanced Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
Next time I drop by, I will try to keep my mouth shut. Looks like I may be going back up to Ohio next week, so watch out.
Ha...you get a chance, stop on by!
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 05:35 AM   #38
Boog
laying low

Mine would be happy for me to just finish the project for crying out loud! 20 years and counting..
I don't spend many long days out in the shop like I once did. I do when I feel like it. I don't have to accomplish much to have a good day in the shop. My wife is more than willing to help if I ask her. She will occasionally step in to see what I am up to and at just the right time too. She's bailed me out more than a few times. I sent her to the parts store one evening while I was working on her car. She ran into two friends of ours and told them I was having a tough go under her car and they popped in before she got back. She's bought me most of the tools in the shop as a matter of fact.
Attached Images

91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 01:14 PM   #39
BeardedCowboy87

I’m one of the lucky guys. My wife and I have the same interests as far as vehicles go. He father passed away when she was 9 years old. She’s about to turn 28 now. He got her into the love for old cars. She has always been supportive and has always been right by my side while working on my ‘65. There are some days when I can tell she isn’t having a good day and she is being kinda snappy even with me, so I’ll make her go for a ride in Ol’ Blue and her attitude totally changes once we get down the road. We have a great relationship and she has been just as into my project with this truck as I have. This photo attached was from 2 weeks ago when she wasn’t having a good day, so I took her for a drive in Ol’ Blue. She apologized later that night for how she was acting and thanked me for making her take I little ride to just enjoy the moment and get away from everything.

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by BeardedCowboy87; 04-23-2018 at 01:20 PM.
BeardedCowboy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 01:24 PM   #40
BeardedCowboy87

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedCowboy87 View Post
I’m one of the lucky guys. My wife and I have the same interests as far as vehicles go. He father passed away when she was 9 years old. She’s about to turn 28 now. He got her into the love for old cars. She has always been supportive and has always been right by my side while working on my ‘65. There are some days when I can tell she isn’t having a good day and she is being kinda snappy even with me, so I’ll make her go for a ride in Ol’ Blue and her attitude totally changes once we get down the road. We have a great relationship and she has been just as into my project with this truck as I have. This photo attached was from 2 weeks ago when she wasn’t having a good day, so I took her for a drive in Ol’ Blue. She apologized later that night for how she was acting and thanked me for making her take I little ride to just enjoy the moment and get away from everything.

Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

BeardedCowboy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:40 PM   #41
special-K
Special Order

I never had any issues with my X over any of my wheeled interests. It's how I was when we met, while we were together 8 years, and married another 16. We took our honeymoon on my Harley. Marriage was at a state park and she put her wedding dress on in the bath house (then changed into riding gear after). I bought her a '55 210 Wagon, a '63 Riviera, and the family vehicle was her '90 4spd Blazer. Everything she drove while we were together was a manual shift and all my kids' first (and beyond) vehicles were manual. But other problems were the issues. You know what they say... "If it has wheels or..."
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote