The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-27-2012, 10:46 PM   #51
Lost81c10

Wink Re: CPP front shock brackets....who's had problems with them?

I don't have any experience with this particular issue as you are having but I did have an experience with CPP part not fitting. A few weeks ago the drop spindles I bought from summit did not fit my tie rod ends. The hole was way small. I called CPP wanting to find out it they could tell me if what I had received maybe was incorrect based on any casting part #. I asked if they could measure the hole size on a set of theirs for the same part # I got from summit. Rep said they didn't have any in stock to measure and to take it up with summit (understand since I dint buy it from them directly but I figured "their product, they will help). In the interest of time, I did. Got a new set, same part # and they fit my tie rods. So it must have been a production issue.
So I know what you feel. Small things that sometimes turn you away. Might have just been me...
Wish you luck in finding resolution...
Posted via Mobile Device
Lost81c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #52
CRGRS 66

Re: CPP front shock brackets....who's had problems with them?

well, where do I start...

First of all I bought some CPP goods last October, and have had some issues. Bought a "kit" from Scott's. disc brake , booster, drop spindle, lowering springs, shocks, and shock reinforce brackets. Also bought front and rear sway bar kits.

So far everything I have gotten into has been an issue.

The calipers they sent were reman units, which I am led to believe is being fixed, but I will believe that when I see it.

Shock brackets are also not at the right angle. I guess all of our trucks were built in the wrong plant, mine was built in St. Louis for the record.

The spacer sleeves on the frame mount arrangement for the rear sway bar... too long... no big, took them too work and cut them in the cut off saw.

I am concerned about how things go when I get into the meat and potatoes of this "kit".

I am also concerned about Jeff acknowledging my contact, and getting back to me. I believe he is a good guy, but he leaves me hanging. I am currently waiting for a shipping document for the replacement calipers. If the shipment arrives at my forwarding company in Buffalo (I am in Ontario Canada) without them receiving the document in advance the shipment may be stuck in limbo for good. Guess what... I still need my calipers...

I am coming to regret placing my business with CPP.

My build thread, CRGRS 66 Winter Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...09#post5638709
CRGRS 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #53
19Chevy67C10

I ended up having to bend my brackets in a vice. Take them to be re-powdercoated to the sum of about 20 dollars later and my time problem fixed.

Although the post above states one valid point ha ha my truck is or was made in the St. Louis Plant but mine is a true big window or panaramic window 67.

CPP does not back up their stuff and their customer service is of the lowest I have dealt with in quite some time. I have since began the new mind set I wasn't buying any of their stuff and only started buying stuff not connected to them or their company! Jeff is or was the only person working there that was true to his word and even he didn't have control to change things he had to go ask a man named Danny for premission to do things and consult with him about bad dealing of parts not working correctly! so I'm sure he was in the middle alot and if he is still working there for cpp I'm sure he is tired of dealing with all the bs by now!
Old 03-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #54
leddzepp

I have had my front shock brackets on for a couple years now. No issues. I had to bend one of them in a vice to get it to fit flush (can't remember which side it was now) Used a rag so as not to scratch it up...no big deal. I have all CPP parts in my suspension and would gladly buy them again for another truck.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #55
CRGRS 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
I have had my front shock brackets on for a couple years now. No issues. I had to bend one of them in a vice to get it to fit flush (can't remember which side it was now) Used a rag so as not to scratch it up...no big deal. I have all CPP parts in my suspension and would gladly buy them again for another truck.
Fair enough, I am still waiting for a shipping document from Jeff @ CPP, and sincerely hope that my caliper situation gets resolved. Sincerely wish that I could have posted something positive, but I am unfortunately, currently in a bit of CPP limbo. It seems I am not alone.

My build thread, CRGRS 66 Winter Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...09#post5638709
CRGRS 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #56
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRGRS 66 View Post
well, where do I start...

First of all I bought some CPP goods last October, and have had some issues. Bought a "kit" from Scott's. disc brake , booster, drop spindle, lowering springs, shocks, and shock reinforce brackets. Also bought front and rear sway bar kits.

So far everything I have gotten into has been an issue.

The calipers they sent were reman units, which I am led to believe is being fixed, but I will believe that when I see it.

Shock brackets are also not at the right angle. I guess all of our trucks were built in the wrong plant, mine was built in St. Louis for the record.

The spacer sleeves on the frame mount arrangement for the rear sway bar... too long... no big, took them too work and cut them in the cut off saw.

I am concerned about how things go when I get into the meat and potatoes of this "kit".

I am also concerned about Jeff acknowledging my contact, and getting back to me. I believe he is a good guy, but he leaves me hanging. I am currently waiting for a shipping document for the replacement calipers. If the shipment arrives at my forwarding company in Buffalo (I am in Ontario Canada) without them receiving the document in advance the shipment may be stuck in limbo for good. Guess what... I still need my calipers...

I am coming to regret placing my business with CPP.
Craig i appologize for the issues you have encountered for the record i have been here a SUPER LONG time and i have hardly ever used a NAFTA form. I have customers like this from time to time and what happens is they have some small issues then they start to look for more problems before they even arise. Let me know what all i can do to help so we can get your truck finished, e-mail me directly not on the boards but my CPP address it does wonders.
CPPJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote