The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-15-2002, 02:13 PM   #1
kw

Post How rare are 4x4 crew cabs?

Just curious.

I've been looking around and would like to find one between 1983 and 1987, 1 ton and 4x4 with an 8' bed, single rr axle, and diesel.

I found one a while back with a lot of options but it sold the day I found it.

Are these really rare trucks?

Thanks in advance for the input.
kw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 09:57 PM   #2
onetoncrewcab
One of my kids. Cute eh?

Hi,
Good luck. My wife and I looked almost 3 years before we found what we wanted (an then we really did not get what we "wanted". Here is the website for the rebuild of it:
www.angelfire.com/sd2/82crewcab/index.html

We wanted a 4x4, single rear wheels, 350, air, and on the "it-would-be-nice" list power windows and door locks. What we ended up with was a stripped down 4x4 with a 454. I gave $1800 for the truck knowing that I was going to stick $5000 or better back into it (parts only...the labor is mine). We had looked at mid 80s for around $8000 that were not in great shape (gazillion miles and never been touched)
The website has more info about the truck than what I need to post here. It will end up with AC, power windows and door locks when I get done. The bonus is the power bucket seat that I snagged out of a Lincoln Continental. Nice seats.
I think I got a little out in left field with my answer. These trucks are somewhat hard to find in South Dakota. (Well...you can find them if price is no object) Hence, the 3 year search.

John 3:16
2006 Chevy HHR
2000 Dodge Durango
1985 Jeep CJ-7
1970 Chevy Pickup
onetoncrewcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 10:14 PM   #3
crews
It just doesn't matter

Wink

They actually are fairly rare as most people opted for the dually option as they were checking the boxes on the order form....I have seen a few locally available and they range in price from around 5k and up. I know where there was a "kit" one available , but I think the price is too high...I think he wants around 2k for just a cab and chassis...no motor/trans....It all depends on how serious you are about finding one, I guess...There is also one for sale on the left coast for 4900...I believe its a 90...

------------------
72 GMC Crew Cab.....SOON TO BE 67 Chevy look a like....and a DUALLY eventually... NEW ADDITION- IT'S HOME!!!!!! 1981 Chevy Crew Cab Dually- w/ '95 TBI454, 4L80E, 4:56 rear on bags...THE NEW HAULER!!!

If you don't like me- TAKE A NUMBER; There are people ahead of you!!
crews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 07:52 AM   #4
kw

I saw your website. Looks like a fun project.

If I ever get some space to work out of the weather, maybe I'll do something like that.

I guess I'll keep looking.
kw is offline   Reply With Quote