The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-09-2024, 05:04 PM   #1
joesscamaro

Tire Clearance Issue

I'm running into some front tire clearance issues and need some advice. In summary: '65 C10 on bags with cupped lower a-arms and a small c-notch in the rear. I have CPP 2 1/2" drop spindles (not modular) and have delmo speed inner fenders. The rear is fine...no issues there. In the pictures, you can see where the inner fender bolts to the actual fender (red arrows) and tell that I'm a good 1 1/2" - 2" off from clearing. The front wheels are 20x8 with 4 1/2" BS with a 255/40zr20 tire. If you're familiar with the delmo inner fenders and can see in the below picture, I feel like I can cut my fender back a little more and gain a little clearance there. I'm wondering if I need to try the modular drop spindles to try and pull the tires/wheels inboard some? Other than that, im out of ideas. I feel like these are commonly used parts together and should work without these kind of issues. Also, not sure if this adds to the equation but I'm running the 14" Revelator disc brake kit up front from Pro Performance. Any suggestions or ideas? Hopefully you can make sense of the pictures. Also, you can see how much wider the front track is compared to the rear.
joesscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 05:17 PM   #2
joesscamaro

Re: Tire Clearance Issue

Sorry, here are the pictures.
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2024, 05:20 PM   #3
joesscamaro

Here's the picture showing I could cut back more on the fender to move that seem more outboard and gain 1/4" or so.
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2024, 01:22 PM   #4
pdxhall

I know nothing about delmos wheel tubs but many have used them. From the photos, it looks like they are on backwards.

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 01:58 PM   #5
SkinnyG

Many folks here cut back the fender as well. I made my own tubs, cut the fender, and sliced part of the flange on the hood as well. Be warned: slicing the flange on the hood will release some of the support holding its shape, and the sides may "bow" a bit after.

Lotus Super 7 Replica: Scratch-built street-legal rollerskate
SkinnyG is offline   Reply With Quote