The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-23-2022, 06:12 PM   #1
schovil69

Stock Auto Shift Linkage

How does the shift linkage on a 1970 C10 work?

Column shift TH350 transmission. Everything from the column down is new but I cannot understand the connection at the column. The fitting does not get tight on the shift linkage, leaving the rod to simply slip out. Of course, until it does slip out it just slides up and down on the shift linkage.
schovil69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 07:50 PM   #2
Don D

Quote:
Originally Posted by schovil69 View Post
How does the shift linkage on a 1970 C10 work?

Column shift TH350 transmission. Everything from the column down is new but I cannot understand the connection at the column. The fitting does not get tight on the shift linkage, leaving the rod to simply slip out. Of course, until it does slip out it just slides up and down on the shift linkage.
I sent you some pictures to look at. Make sure you have all the parts to your shift rod locking clamp & they are in the right places. Make sure your metal sleeve is in the rubber grommet on the shift arm. If you have all of this in order it should clamp down & not slide on the rod.
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Don D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 05:35 PM   #3
schovil69

Re: Stock Auto Shift Linkage

That makes sense. The 'cupped' part that clamps the throttle linkage is missing from the new parts. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how it works but apparently without all the parts present. I very much appreciate you, Don, for the photos and explanation.
schovil69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 05:46 PM   #4
Don D

Quote:
Originally Posted by schovil69 View Post
That makes sense. The 'cupped' part that clamps the throttle linkage is missing from the new parts. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how it works but apparently without all the parts present. I very much appreciate you, Don, for the photos and explanation.
You are welcome Sir.
Posted via Mobile Device
Don D is offline   Reply With Quote