The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-08-2018, 01:06 AM   #1
MotoX

Join me on the dark side...we have Hemis!

I'm prepared to possibly be black balled from my first statement but I am kind of a Mopar guy. I may have a couple Dodge Rams, one a 1998 1/2 Ton 4x4 with the 5.9l and 4.11 gears (it's my current daily driver) and a 2013 Ram 2500 4x4 with the 5.7l.
From the age of 18 and prior, I was a die hard Chevy guy but after graduating,I found a great buy on an 06 Ram that I bought and sold five years later with 50,000 more miles for the same price I bought it for. I kinda fell for that pickup, then proceeded to have an 06 Charger, 12 Durango and my two current Rams.
Before my Mopar conversion, I had an 89 Chevy 1500 2wd short box regular cab with a 5spd and V6 that I later converted to a 350 I rebuilt. I loved that pickup but in Montana winters, I often found myself struggling to get around. That's not to say I didn't get around but four wheel drive sounded good hence my Dodge.
Fast forward to 2016 and my uncle decides he is getting rid of his 1977 C10 long box 2wd. He happened to call asking if I wanted it before he sent it to the crusher. He had bought it new in 1977 and daily drove it for years but finally it had a few issues, got parked and there it sat. None of his kids wanted it and he needed to open up space so I found myself with a free pickup. It has a 350 & 350 auto and once again I find myself drawn to the pure simplicity of an older pickup plus, I do still like Chevys.
In all honesty, I'm not really brand loyal. I lean a bit towards Mopars and Chevy's are close behind if not equal with the F word being a distant 3rd.
I like all sorts of vehicles and builds but because I live in Montana and grew up always having more than one pickup in the family, pickups are just a part of who I am. I'm into about everything with an engine. I drive truck for a living, used to race motocross, built a street bike and now hope to make the 77 C10 my hot rod/ daily driver... At least during the summer.
So I'll be around looking at builds, finding inspiration, asking dumb questions, and posting about my long process of building up the C10.
Old 06-08-2018, 06:48 AM   #2
flashed

Re: Join me on the dark side...we have Hemis!

Welcome from Georgia .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:59 AM   #3
The Rocknrod

Might as well they're putting LS's in these trucks, why not newer Hemi's?
For years the die hard Ford crowd poo-hoed the street rodders for putting small block Chevy engines in Ford street rods too. Didnt stop anyone. If Ford had come out with any amount near what the SBC's had for aftermarket hot rodding (at the time) I'm sure it would never have been an issue.
Having said all that, you wont get many thumbs up on that engine swap I'm thinking.
People dont like to tinker on hot rods anymore, either they cant or dont want to - hence the new stuff.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 02:18 PM   #4
MotoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocknrod View Post
Might as well they're putting LS's in these trucks, why not newer Hemi's?
For years the die hard Ford crowd poo-hoed the street rodders for putting small block Chevy engines in Ford street rods too. Didnt stop anyone. If Ford had come out with any amount near what the SBC's had for aftermarket hot rodding (at the time) I'm sure it would never have been an issue.
Having said all that, you wont get many thumbs up on that engine swap I'm thinking.
People dont like to tinker on hot rods anymore, either they cant or dont want to - hence the new stuff.
Well I won't be putting a Hemi in this pickup. I like the simplicity of old 350 Chevys and want to stay away from electronics when possible. Not saying I won't do some electronics but I'm working for an older feel to this pickup.