The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-31-2016, 04:28 PM   #601
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Br3w City's Project omgwtfbbq

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:10 AM   #602
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Finally picked up another vent filter. Installed a 90* into the fuel sender cover as a vent, and then ran a 3/8" braided line out to the filter and secured it.

Got a HUGE comeup from a friend who was paying back a favor. Got a Nitrous Outlet 3bolt wet plate, a Nitrous Outlet remote bottle opener, and a NOS 10lb tank with high flow valve...all new. To top it off, I might also be getting a purge from the same dude.

Sooo, yeah, that was awesome. I just need to pickup a couple of solenoids, a few feet of line, and the handful of switches and triggers to run the kit safely. I may be choosing to run the fuel off a mini-cell with race gas instead of tapping it on the regular fuel system as well, but haven't finalized the plan on that yet. Yay for spray!

Old 06-06-2016, 03:24 AM   #603
deejaaa1

that will be a big boost. good score.
Originally Posted by gottattooz View Post
...68 Chevy Shortbed... guy clearcoated..and...threw glitter all over it...like he was feeding chickens!!!...
deejaaa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 12:37 PM   #604
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

In light of the popularity of Street Outlaws and the topic of "Street Cars"

Old 06-22-2016, 12:06 AM   #605
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Picked up some new gear for the garage. This came highly recommended, and so far I'd recommend it also!

Old 06-28-2016, 12:57 PM   #606
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Took home an award from a show this weekend! I decided to do a quick vlog on the topic, and how I try not to get too caught up in the "Fanfare" at shows.

Old 07-04-2016, 02:06 AM   #607
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Started working on a few more projects and thusly shooting a few more videos for the channel.

After the swap and all the changes over the years, I ended up with a few random holes and gaps in the firewall. I've taken efforts to always re-use holes and size-specify things to utilize what I have with minimal change, but even so, I had around 7 holes of various sizes. A couple of these will at some point be used for other routing, a couple won't but are in places that a permanent fix won't reach on the inside....

So I reached for the BEST thing in a situation like this....aluminum tape! Works super well for sealing off small and medium sized holes from vapor/engine air, and does resist moisture. I patched up a few small ones and 2 that were around 5/8", and this stuff makes the shape and seals great. For the larger holes, I did a layer from the inside and outside so the holes were sealed on both ends.

I also worked on some changes to my armrest/console. This project is the topic of my next video over on Rev J HD, and you guys get to see it done here first! (the broader video topic will drop this week!)
When I raised the driver seat up, the console no longer was the right height. Instead of rebuilding the whole thing, I instead created a simple package tray to become my new "upper console", and re-affixed the old armrest portion atop it. Its 1/4" MDF and sized to match the old console base and the armrest. The early pics of it are in the video and on my IG so check those out too.

Here's the console base with the upper armrest removed.

That lid then got put onto the new "upper console", which I then painted the edges of and lined with a race-checked liner to protect the MDF and give it a fun finished look in an area most folks will never see.

Then that whole thing bolts back to the old console base, creating a double hinged upper console. One "tray" in the upper console for glasses, keys, wallets etc...and then the "lower" tray which has the amp/xovers and storage for a few emergency supplies.
That console base also got its edges painted and got lined to match the upper, and I need finished pics of that, as well as the assembled final unit. Those will be up soon, as will the video!

Annnd... since it was a holiday weekend, the local cruise spot was packed and the sunset created some great lighting for a few shots under that high-contrast goodness.

Old 07-04-2016, 02:22 AM   #608
Grizz1963

Happy 4th of July !!

Love that low shot from the rear.

Great result on the box too.
Grizz1963 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 01:02 AM   #609
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Thanks Grizz!

I mentioned that the box was the topic of a new video on the channel, and I didn't even realize that I it set to drop early this morning (the 4th)! Well it went live on the channel, so please go check it out. Sometimes you end up redoing project...and thats ok.

The console is also finished, and those pics will be up soon.....but I'm tempted to come back for one last little detail. The inside/bottom of the lower tray has a solid 13x9" surface, painted flat black and hidden unless the bottom tray is fully open. Part of me is thinking of breaking out the ol' striping and lettering kit and doing a little callout tribute on that space. I think it would be a fun touch and a fun surprise.

Old 07-05-2016, 11:40 PM   #610
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

SO more on that box!

I started by coming back and hand painting all the exposed wood edges black. I was tempted to stop there but then the unfinished interior walls had uneven paint, so I decided to line the lower console area with the same checkered lining that I used on the upper tray.

After that, I pretty much HAD to do the lower tray itself. I painted those exposed faces and then used the same liner again. I also painted the little "stops" at the back, which double as screw covers.

And adding all my gear back in the upgraded lower console space.

Finally I was able to make sure the upper console was tightened down on its hinges, as well as the lid...and everything was back together! The "finished" pic is a bit grainy and everythings dirty (excuses excuses, I know...) but I'm really happy with its fit and function. I'll get her vacuumed out and take some shots on my dslr so you can see how evenly and tightly the carpet fit together and how well the linings layed down after some practice.

**flash weirdly highlighted the top 1/2 of this image, no idea why**

So like I said in the video above^ (please watch it if you haven't!), sometimes you have to redo projects. Sometimes its a pain, but its usually worth it, and occasionally you end up with not just a solution to a problem, but a potential upgrade....and a hell of a lot more experience.

Old 07-18-2016, 02:03 PM   #611
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

And then this happened.

www.GoFundME.com/RevJHD

Old 07-20-2016, 12:14 PM   #612
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Old 07-25-2016, 10:22 PM   #613
SKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY

And then this happened.

Argh, not cool.

Sorry to see this.

SKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 03:21 PM   #614
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Another quicky clip from the CarCraft Nat's. Ran into StubbyBob a few times, and its perfectly weird and cool at the same time.

Old 07-26-2016, 06:39 PM   #615
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Hopefully you can get your truck up and going to enjoy it dome more before the white stuff flies. Stubby Bob is pretty cool!
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 07:21 PM   #616
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Thanks Diesel. Insurance is being a sloooooow bastardo, but we're getting there.

The last of the clips from CarCraft, the drift sessions!

Old 08-08-2016, 03:30 PM   #617
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Getting back to things. Lets #REBUILDEVERYTHING

Old 08-16-2016, 10:17 AM   #618
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Lets keep it moving

Old 08-30-2016, 07:04 PM   #619
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Old 08-30-2016, 07:51 PM   #620
joesscamaro

I'm in a Starbucks right now with no headphones, so I can't watch your videos...but I'm glad to see you getting it back on the road. I've got some questions I'd like to shoot your way sometime in the near future regarding some LS questions...if you don't mind?
joesscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:40 PM   #621
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Sure Joe, your welcome to PM me here on the forum, or send me an email. Either way is fine.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:15 PM   #622
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Bout Damn Time

Old 09-22-2016, 10:14 PM   #623
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Please checkout the video on the Yukon above! Here are some more pics of its glorious stock-ness.

Old 09-23-2016, 06:12 PM   #624
SKT

Looks really clean - how many miles are on it and did you buy it in Wisconsin? If so, it doesnt look like it's seen a lot of winters.

Will be watching your progress.

SKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 07:33 PM   #625
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKT View Post

Looks really clean - how many miles are on it and did you buy it in Wisconsin? If so, it doesnt look like it's seen a lot of winters.

Will be watching your progress.

Around 120k on it now, owner had it since 30k (bought it off lease). I bought it about 30min north of Milwaukee. The owner was retired firefighter, so the truck spent most of its time indoors or taking his boat to his lake place. Its seen like 7 winters, but not "daily" use in those conditions. The under carriage has more of the "wisconsin scale" on the frame etc, but minimal by our standards up here.

I've lightly scuffed, sealed, and rhino lined the inside door lowers and other typical rust areas (there wasn't really any rust..i just don't wanna find any!)

I took the stock fogs out, since one had a hazed/cracked lens. Ended up replacing them with larger LED units.