The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
72 Super

My 1972 Cheyenne Super 1/2 ton 4 wheel drive

Not sure if this is considered a build thread, so I hope it is okay here. Here is my 1972 Cheyenne Super 1/2 ton 4x4. I have been looking for several years for a decent 71-72 4x4 truck. I sold my daily driver 72 Cheyenne 2wd in 2003 and have been looking on and off since then. I have had a few adds on here as well as searching all over the Internet and Ebay. I have another 72 that my parent's bought new, that I have been collecting parts for, so I have accumulated some extra's that I have been holding onto to make my self an nice driver. I was basically looking for another truck that I could drive and do a little to while I drive it as time goes on. I don't have time for another all out project and didn't want one that was too nice to drive.

Anyway back around August I was searching Craigslist ( I would just go in there and browse different states. I found this truck in Vancouver WA at a small dealer( Couldn't get much further away from me here in Maryland could it Lol). It wasn't even listed as a 4 wheel drive and wasn't mentioned it in their add. I called and talked with them. I asked for more pictures and information, meanwhile I posted on the message board here, seeing if there were any members in or near Vancouver WA. Luckily member ( Nitschke) lived just a couple minutes away and even knew exactly where the dealer was, so he went and looked it over for me and called me while he was there to answer any questions I had. I pondered a few days and finally made an deal.

I have heard some horror stories about transport company's which is one thing that scared me a little while I have been looking. I must say though, it went really smooth and only took a week and a couple days for it to arrive here. I was a bit nervous buying something not seen by myself, but I am happy with it. When it arrived here on the transporter, it was covered in dirt.

I have being doing a few things to it since I got it. I replaced both bumpers with some I had here, had the transfer case resealed, it was leaking pretty bad( I knew this prior to purchasing)I used 4 cans of Engine Gunk,2+2 carburetor cleaner and Simple Green on it to clean off all the grease, etc. The under side of the cab was covered as well. It had 2 inch lift blocks on the rear which I have removed.

Pictures start from when I got it.

Thanks,
Ray
Attached Images