The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-31-2015, 07:12 PM   #1
fade94

SO disappointed with Brothers....

Ordered an engine harness along with several other items. Email confirmation of the order said the harness was on back order so I called to see how long they anticipate before it is available. I was told they are made to order and it takes an additional 4-6 business days, so I left it on the order.
I get my other items yesterday and call to see when the harness with ship because my truck is dead in the water without it. This time I am told 4-6 WEEKS. He said it is because they are all made here and not imported. That is all well and good, but how about informing people? I told the guy it would be nice if that info was on the website to be seen when people are ordering. I would have gone somewhere else had I known that. He had a very we-don't-care-what-you-think attitude and dismissed me. So I told him I would get it elsewhere and cancelled the back order. I have 2 of these trucks to build and have a LOT of parts to buy, and NONE of them will be from Brothers after that.
03 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 diesel 5 speed 4.10 rear

Last edited by fade94; 03-31-2015 at 07:13 PM. Reason: forgot info
fade94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:43 PM   #2
EARNHARDT#3

Re: SO disappointed with Brothers....

Yeah I don't like brothers. And their website stinks. My favorite is classic parts.
EARNHARDT#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:26 PM   #3
Ohio mike

I've heard same thing about them from other people
Ohio mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:28 PM   #4
Carmen Black

I get their sales papers where parts are 50% off. It just makes me think they were selling overpriced junk to begin with.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:08 PM   #5
hugger6933

I had a order that was open over three months. Yes three months. I won't do that again. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:16 PM   #6
71swb4x4

I placed an order with Wes at Classic Heartbeat and he actually answered the phone. I had a question about my order a week later and he answered again. That's worth quite a bit in my opinion, the guy answering the phone owns the business, and restores these trucks.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:48 PM   #7
BrianG

I just received my new 4x4 fan shroud today from LMC. I had originally ordered one from Classic Industries and had to send that one back. The one from Classic Industries was made from fiberglass and it looked like someone made it in their back yard. Really bad. Classic was good about returning it, but I lost out on shipping. The one from LMC cost a third as much an is AMAZING... let me repeat I AM VERY VERY HAPPY WITH LMC. The fan shroud looks nearly identical to the stock ones. People if you need one of these don't spend 300 that some people are charging for NOS. Give LMC a shot on these. I've shied away from LMC mainly because of the rotten reputation that most people on this board have of them. I read a few posts where people had been satisfied with their fan shrouds so I gave them a shot. They have moved up a few notches on my source list with this order.
BrianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:57 PM   #8
'68OrangeSunshine

Wes is cool, but get it direct from M&H in Santa Fe Springs Calif. They are probably the guys who are actually building the harness. Middlemen just cause delays.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:25 PM   #9
getsomegreen

I do Brothers, Classic and LMC. Never had an issue with any
getsomegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:28 PM   #10
pat english

last time brothers sent one of there spring sale adds i drove down there to buy some parts(about 45 min drive) and everything that i wanted to buy on sale was not available...i ended out just buying a gas tank at regular price because i was already down there.
pat english is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:31 PM   #11
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat english View Post
last time brothers sent one of there spring sale adds i drove down there to buy some parts(about 45 min drive) and everything that i wanted to buy on sale was not available...i ended out just buying a gas tank at regular price because i was already down there.
Same here. Luckily I'm only 10 minutes away...

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:32 PM   #12
Elliot949
Dan Johnston

I got a catalog from Brothers on a Tuesday when I got home from work... The next morning I called to place a order for the trailing arms from them... There was a price in the catalog they had just sent me but when I called to place the order I was quoted 67.00 higher for it... I was told they had a price increase and when I told them they had just sent me the catalog He said well that was a old one and the prices have changed and the new catalog would be out soon with the new prices... I told him he needed to sell for the price in the catalog and he said they wouldn't so I just told him that the other 6000.00 in parts that I needed to buy would definitely not come from Brothers...

Haulin's Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=671130SOLD

B Bears Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=744210
Elliot949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:00 AM   #13
Bowtiguy

New to the truck hobby. After shopping around, I ordered a power brake assembly for my CPP big brake package because it was "on sale". Three months later I get it..and its from CPP anyhow.

I just placed a $2K order with them early march when they announced their "sale". 15-20% of the items were on backorder, but you only know that AFTER placing the order and paying for it. Good thing I'm not in a hurry.

The rest of the parts arrived w/in 7 days to Colorado.
Bowtiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:32 AM   #14
Elliot949
Dan Johnston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtiguy View Post
New to the truck hobby. After shopping around, I ordered a power brake assembly for my CPP big brake package because it was "on sale". Three months later I get it..and its from CPP anyhow.

I just placed a $2K order with them early march when they announced their "sale". 15-20% of the items were on backorder, but you only know that AFTER placing the order and paying for it. Good thing I'm not in a hurry.

The rest of the parts arrived w/in 7 days to Colorado.
ECE is definitely a better choice...

Haulin's Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=671130SOLD

B Bears Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=744210
Elliot949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 10:53 AM   #15
Bowtiguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot949 View Post
ECE is definitely a better choice...
They might be, but there website gives me a headache! These parts companies need to step into 2015 in regards to web design.

I don't mind paying a bit more for better service and parts application knowledge. That's what will differentiate best from the rest.

I've also noticed that the higher price point of a given car line, the better website/product development/customer service you get. Compared to the companies I dealt with when I raced C6 corvettes, truck part providers so far have been like my old turbo dodge days (with the exception of Rob @ No Limit, 1st class all the way.)

Then again, we used to pay $1200 for a splined sway bar set, $750 dry sump tanks, $2500 cranks and a set of 295/19 F 345/20R tires was $2k.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:31 PM   #16
71meangreenc10
Its a Truck Thing......

Yep,

I stay away from them also along with CPP and Top Banana.

I use WES, ECE, Manes, LMC (Never had one issue with them) Atheys. Four out of the five answer the phone and answer questions. Southern Kentucky Classic is down the road for me and I use them "if" they have it in stock and I need to save on shipping costs.

Smitty
72 Chevy Blazer 4X4, Sloppy Jo, Mountain Climber. Wife says no more trucks. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=707378
72 GMC 1 Ton Motor Home, wife said no more trucks until she saw this one. Gen 3 6.0/4L80E 4.10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=761110
68 GMC Suburban was 3/4 ton, now 1/2.Wife shook her head
71 C30 Wrecker
71 C20 Scott-Bilt As weird as it gets..BB Cheyenne AC Truck
68 GMC Long Stepside. They keep following me home
71 C20 Longhorn/Ole Yellor
69 C30 Former Motor Home, Flat Bed time
71meangreenc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:16 PM   #17
Dustytrix

I ordered from Brothers last Monday April 20th, for their special spring sale. Great prices, But I have not even got a tracking number yet. Vendors like this should not treat customers like that. I will not order from them again. For example, I ordered from Rock auto last nite and got email today saying part has shipped with tracking #.
Dustytrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:43 PM   #18
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

I've only ordered from Classic Parts of America and Truck and Car shop in california....never had issues yet. Expecting a ton of suspension parts from Classic parts tomorrow. Great price for the amount I ordered and free shipping to. They've always packaged everything well and all has been good quality thus far. Same with the things I've ordered from truck and car shop. Never have ordered from Brothers and from the reviews I have gotten probably never will...The Op of this thread had something happen very similar to what just happened with me at proformance powertrain...you can read my thread on it on this forum.
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:48 PM   #19
crossfire84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustytrix View Post
I ordered from Brothers last Monday April 20th, for their special spring sale. Great prices, But I have not even got a tracking number yet. Vendors like this should not treat customers like that. I will not order from them again. For example, I ordered from Rock auto last nite and got email today saying part has shipped with tracking #.
Dude chill out! I've ordered from them many times, Never had a tracking # or a problem. It may take time for the order to come with the sale. Don't panic!
C4 rear
Porter built a arms
Never give the Devil a ride,because he'll want to Drive!
crossfire84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:55 AM   #20
Bowtiguy

follow-up from my last post ...everything showed up just fine and MUCH more timely than the Brake booster/master assembly. I've been getting regular e-mail updates of expected shipping date is and when the Back orders ship too.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:39 AM   #21
Bowtiguy

another follow-up. I have to say, these guys are impressing me now. I ordered A BUNCH of parts in march.

After emptying every box I had, I just couldn't seem to find my window channel felt weather stripping. Gave Brothers a call, they sent out a new pair on their dime no questions asked. Once I got them, I noticed the packaging (4 in total, they sent 2 sets) looked similar to my hood/cowl seals I thought I had ordered two of by mistake in march.

Except, they weren't hood to cowl seals. You guessed it window channel felt.

I gave them a call and told them I'd be sending these back on my dime this time.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:24 AM   #22
El Dorado Jim

thanks for the input guys, from what i can tell on other reviews, I will not order anything from Brothers, I hate bad service...
El Dorado Jim is offline   Reply With Quote