The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-27-2017, 03:53 PM   #26
Willie Makeit

Re: Beware of doing business with Coy wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
It just proves to me that the lowest price wins, time and time again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
The same goes for CPP and their terrible customer service.
Agreed gentlemen.
Willie Makeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:35 AM   #27
The1960APE

It really is a shame they conduct business that way....Seems it happened to more than just me!
Just a few months before buying from Coys I ordered a set from Detroit Steel/Mobsteel......the experience was night and day difference! Detroit/Mobsteel really had their ducks in a row and over delivered on service and quality, I should have used them instead of Coy's for the second set but I didn't want to wait.....Next time I will be happy to wait for quality and honesty!
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679735
The1960APE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 06:16 PM   #28
Plumps68

I'm going though this same thing. Ordered wheels over a month ago and I got my rear wheels delivered within 10 days but still waiting on my fronts called coys a number of times and wouldn't give me the correct tracking number or if they are shipped. What to do?
Plumps68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:42 PM   #29
andrist1

I've done business with Coy's in the past, never a problem. Not this time however. Ordered a set of 20" Rallys back in December with Toyos and caps. Waited over 6 weeks just to receive the wrong wheels and tires. Fought with Dave Coy for over 2 weeks, had to get my Credit Card company involved, in which I was refunded the purchase price because he couldn't produce an invoice or tracking number. Promised to send an RMA for the items, no follow thru. Once he realized that the Credit Card company took his money back, he decided to try and work with me by sending bogus UPS return labels and then fraudulently billed my card again, which now has triggered security by my credit card company. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!
andrist1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:59 PM   #30
FIREBALL
(007) aka Houdini

Ow boys, boys, boys I got a story to tell you about this company I can’t right now but when I get back home from work Friday I’ll type yall a nice story up about this company and their s***y customer service / returning calls. In short though I’ve been waiting on two wheels I bought at a show two yes two years ago! The two wheels were suppose to be new brand new and still to this day I still haven’t got but one of the new wheels from them lol Regardless like it’s been said stay away from Coys people, bad bad bad dealings, horrible reputation for bad things apparently.

Edit update as promised as of 4/27/18... ok so long story short I buy two coy wheels from a friend on here awesome guy to deal with early 2016, I still try to keep in touch with him when I can on here . Anyhow after buying the first two (for my fronts), I then see Coys up at the rod run that same year April 2016 and paid for two more wheels (for the rear) in black that day $8** dollars worth for two new wheels, knockoffs, and luv nuts sent to me, the main guy randy promised me ow yeah will take care of you I’ll call around see if I can find u some faster and get them shipped out to ya. Well the deadline finally comes and guess what no rear wheels after numerous calls after the deadline and me getting angry many times he finally sends, get this two loaners (so excuse my language but seriously I got pics of the junk f’kn used scratched up etc wheels) until he can get me my new ones so I can ride on the loaners he tells me ( I’m like wtf seriously I don’t think so) Now what kind of ****ty company does even think of something like that? Anyhow This came straight from the main man and then his son too back and forth so who does that but u know what I say fine ok (trucks in the garage I’m doing stuff to it anyhow project wise I can wait) and I guess trying to still be nice about the whole thing I short but patiently wait again and guess what a year goes by and after numerous calls, promises, and nothing I finally get one new wheel sent to me after numerous calls, promises throughout the next year and I send one of the loaners back to him as agreed on the phone and after that more calls,promises guess what still to this day I still have one loaner (used) wheel and one new wheel lol and as a update I just texted him the other day just this last week and he said he would call me back he was driving but guess what nothing ....so long story short people please please DO NOT DEAL WITH COY WHEELS no matter how nice and awesome the wheels seem to look cause guess what unless ur getting a custom set milled out they all more than likely like someone said earlier come from ���� China like the Coys! So moral of the story I should have listened to the others with bad customer service, etc about Coys and so on but I learned for myself the hard way.....

Last edited by FIREBALL; 04-27-2018 at 09:57 PM.
FIREBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 09:57 PM   #31
james69z28

i was a victim too, BUYER (BEWARE) DON'T BE ONE!
james69z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:25 PM   #32
westco~SS

Sorry to dig this up..but. I was thinking of going with Coys for 20" smoothies as their wheels are aluminum and lighter I am assuming than Detroit Steelies.

Coy's says 38lbs and Detroit are 50lbs, anybody running Detroits?..are they really heavy?

Input please.
westco~SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 09:51 AM   #33
Willie Makeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by westco~SS View Post
Sorry to dig this up..but. I was thinking of going with Coys for 20" smoothies as their wheels are aluminum and lighter I am assuming than Detroit Steelies.

Coy's says 38lbs and Detroit are 50lbs, anybody running Detroits?..are they really heavy?

Input please.
input on Coy's: reread this post
Willie Makeit is offline   Reply With Quote