The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-09-2017, 04:44 PM   #1
D-rock1981

Never order from *************!!!!

Be aware of this site! Placed an order over 2 weeks ago and it still shows up as "processing". I have tried contacting them by phone for the last 10 days, left multiple messages, nothing. this place is shady at best.....it has put my shop way behind. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!
D-rock1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:50 PM   #2
randy500
Account Suspended

Re: Never order from *************!!!!

Carid?
randy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:51 PM   #3
terry b

How many guesses?
terry b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:54 PM   #4
randy500
Account Suspended

I'm sure its Carid, they spam the heck out of you with ads, site says in-stock and order processes for weeks at a time. I ordere a bed from them and a set of wheels and tires, separate orders, cancelled each after a couple weeks of no updates, then bought for a bit more at Summit and got my stuff in days.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:54 PM   #5
D-rock1981

sorry, didn't realize if would * it out. the company is thorbros
Old 05-09-2017, 04:59 PM   #6
randy500
Account Suspended

I wanted another guess...
Second guess I think is Classic Discount parts, something like that, best prices from them. Took a while to process my order and backordered half of it. upper and lower side trim, finally ready to ship and they wanted an additional $90 for shipping on top of the $70 or so I already paid, had my money for 2 months, ordered same stuff from summit got it in a week for about the same price....
Old 05-09-2017, 05:02 PM   #7
jeffahart

Just call your credit card company and tell them they are/were not honest about inventory and shipping times. Tell them the company has been non-responsive to your inquiries about cancellation. If I purchase a product from a vendor and they think they are going to be unresponsive, I cancel order. If I cannot, I dispute with the card company. It will help the vendor to tighten up their processes and become more responsive in the future. Seems like there is a lot of drop shippers out there that have zero inventory. So, they have trouble with knowing the actual inventory or ship times... along with other issues. I don't mind if your a drop shipper... just answer the phone and take the abuse, apologize for inconvenience and client will likely settle down and do business with you again. Else..... customer loss!
Old 05-09-2017, 05:04 PM   #8
D-rock1981

I've had to wait long times from other companies too. but that was odd parts like trim parts and such, but those companies had good communication so I wasn't worried. This company has no email, will not answer their phone, or call back after I leave a message. If they would at least communicate with me I wouldn't be so mad. they already took the money, so I will have to go to the bank and see what I can do from there. I was suppose to have this project done for the guy 2 days ago and I still don't even have parts. I hate getting yelled at from customers when its beyond my control.....
Old 05-09-2017, 05:49 PM   #9
jeffahart

Well, a site with the tag line "This ain't no damn corporation" is kind of fitting. There is possibly no business behind the site to back it up. Just a little scaled down Ubercart with a few listed items they can order for you as the middleman. And that's a drop shipper! It would be better to buy from a place like this off Amazon if they sell through them. At least you get a way to bite back through the Amazon rating system. But then again most that sell through Amazon have inventory. I bought parts from a small company recently. But their site showed the fabrication shop, they had an actual manufacturing business besides their store. I had an issue with the parts... they did not answer the phone. But they called me after they got my email and made good... And I like that... the little guy busting butt and making it happen! If you don't like customers, then what else is there?

Weed out the non-hackers and shysters!
Old 05-09-2017, 05:54 PM   #10
D-rock1981

Its really not the wait that bothers me, if i would have known they would take a long time I could have at least been able to properly schedule stuff. If they would at least have an email that they replied too, or communicated with me in ANY way, but they don't answer the phone, and they don't reply to voice messages left. and I started calling and leaving messages 10 days ago. Is a little communication to much to ask?
Old 05-09-2017, 05:55 PM   #11
dubds10
Stalker Nate

Thorbros is a legit company, they started out small as a custom fab shop and have grown quite a bit over the years. They may take a while, but if you're buying their personal custom stuff it's top notch quality.

Instagram - TheDonutDiner
FaceBook - @UscreamIscream
dubds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:15 PM   #12
jeffahart

I have to admit I only spent a couple seconds at the site to see what they sold.. nothing I'm interested in anyway, 4 links and such. But legit or not, he may be realigning his business or is on his way out if he don't answer his phone for days or return a phone calls. I'm a fan of small guys with great parts. Just thought I would clear that up. But I hate getting my hopes up and not getting what I wanted in a timely manner. I'm just sympathizing. It's all about productivity, D-Rock cannot produce without promised parts!
Old 05-09-2017, 06:49 PM   #13
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Jason is a legit guy and his company is legit.

He got in a wreck 5 days ago on his way to a show in 'Bama. I'm sure that threw a wrench in things for a while.

He will do right by you.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:38 PM   #14
Twisted71c10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter View Post

He got in a wreck 5 days ago on his way to a show in 'Bama. I'm sure that threw a wrench in things for a while.

He will do right by you.
true !
Jason is a stand up guy.
Twisted71c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 01:40 AM   #15
D-rock1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter View Post

He will do right by you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted71c10 View Post
true !
Jason is a stand up guy.

I'm sure the mans character is great, but his business is still desperately lacking any kind of customer service.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:57 AM   #16
71BUCKET

Man I remember the days when you could call and get Jason on the phone back in suicide doors site days. Used them a lot for s10 stuff. Can't speak for them now though.
71BUCKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:04 AM   #17
special-K
Special Order

I guess a business should stay on top of their orders and communicating with the people who's money they have for undelivered product since you never know when you might have a mishap digging you a deeper hole.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 06:18 PM   #18
D-rock1981

UPDATE: I still have not been able to reach them, except now when I call I receive a message with a different company name, and their hours of operation and thats it, no way to even leave a message (plus I called during their "hours of operation" this is getting sketchier by the minute!
Old 05-11-2017, 07:34 PM   #19
toolboxchev

Wow, that sucks and I can relate to it. Some of these mail order places do not even have an inventory and just place drop ship orders from manufactures.

Stick to the big guys Jegs, Summit, customer service is top notch! Ask me how I know...
toolboxchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:54 PM   #20
D-rock1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolboxchev View Post
Wow, that sucks and I can relate to it. Some of these mail order places do not even have an inventory and just place drop ship orders from manufactures.

Stick to the big guys Jegs, Summit, customer service is top notch! Ask me how I know...
I usually order from summit. Love them guys, parts are here in a couple of days. I should have ordered from them, lesson learned.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:13 PM   #21
Devil Pup

I've ordered a few things from them, step notch, four link etc. . took a little bit to get but the quality was good.
Devil Pup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:08 PM   #22
2low2care

Exclamation Re: Never order from *************!!!!

I see that this thread looks dead, but.......

I registered for this forum just to defend this shop. (But I am also the proud owner of a GMC).

I placed my order with ThorBros in the middle of last week. Late last night (Monday) I had that "sinking feeling" in my stomach. So what do I do, I do the last thing you're supposed to do, I turn to the Internet.

Oh no, Doom & Gloom, "the shop will dirtbag you", "there's no communication", "you'll never get your stuff", "you're going to get screwed out of your money."

Wait a minute, let me calm down and try to contact the company myself. I called the phone number today (Tuesday), and no surprise, got the machine. On the recording was an email address. What happened next was the big surprise.

I emailed this small company, and had a response about MY ORDER in less than 45 minutes. This is over lunch time, on the day before the 4th of July.

Shocked, I replied, thanking them for the response, and even letting them know that I would be cancelling a portion of my order. By now, it's getting late in the afternoon, so I included a quick "have a nice Independence Day" message with my email.

3 MINUTES LATER they wrote me back again!!! They made sure all of my questions were answered.

I cannot speak for anyone else's experience with this shop, but for me they have shown the absolute highest levels of customer service and professionalism. So, even if something is the same price on Amazon, I prefer to support individuals who are still keeping this lifestyle alive, and I will not hesitate to do business with them if I ever need something else they offer.
2low2care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:02 PM   #23
jeffahart

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2low2care View Post
So, even if something is the same price on Amazon, I prefer to support individuals who are still keeping this lifestyle alive, and I will not hesitate to do business with them if I ever need something else they offer.
Just an FYI. The fabricator I mentioned above sells on Amazon. You have to look at the seller name to see who it is. A lot of small shops use Amazon market place. Relying on Google alone for your online store is a tough one. More and more people are flocking to Amazon, and using their fulfillment infrastructure is pretty good.

Anyhow, glad all is turning out good with that shop!

j