The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-11-2018, 02:00 PM   #1
applebmw

BrothersTruck ordering

Any u guys order from brotherstruck? I ordered over phone, 9 days ago, send 3 emails, tried online chat, cannot get anyone on the phone after they got my $$$ Getting little nervous here.......
applebmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:01 PM   #2
Harpie

Re: BrothersTruck ordering

Just ordered online yesterday and order shipped today. Have ordered thousands of dollars worth of stuff from them they have always been great.

71 c10 swb “Snowball”
71 c10 long fleet “Ol Blue”
Great Granddads all original survivor truck.
Harpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:04 PM   #3
1968aj

I am expecting delivery today. I had no problem talking to someone.they were holding mine because of a back order but I called them and they shipped same day.
1968aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:56 PM   #4
indymachinist

They are legit. Not trying to steal your money.

I did have a rather long delay from them once when a part was on backorder and I didnt notice. I had to call and ask them to please ship the rest of the order and not hold evetything else up based on one backordered part.

My 1968 Chevy shortbed stepside build
indymachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 04:05 PM   #5
rockyrivermark

Most of my parts for my restoration where through them.
quality of the parts was good but shipping was slow.
http://www.cbcabinets.com
rockyrivermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 04:39 PM   #6
applebmw

Thanks fella's I finally spoke with someone, they wrote down my CC info wrong, 9 days ago, they could have called......
Old 01-11-2018, 04:59 PM   #7
maldo

I have used them many times and they are many cool to work with.
maldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:33 PM   #8
jessemthompson

I have bought several parts through them. I usually get their parts a little slower than from other places, but their in California and I’m in North Carolina. They are definitely a reputable company.
jessemthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:49 PM   #9
6T7 C10

I just ordered some in stock parts from them on 12/30/17 and they arrived on 01/09/18. With the holiday and weekends it sure did feel like a long time to get here especially when you are ready to put the parts on.
6T7 C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:09 PM   #10
1968aj

I just received a pretty good size order today. they held up shipping because a set of arm rest screws were backordered. I called them and they shipped without screws. got here in 2 days. if any of your order is backordered I would get in touch with them.
1968aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:02 AM   #11
Nh4clo4

Like others have said, if any part is back ordered, they will hold the whole order. Even buying online, it doesn’t tell you if it is in stock or not.

That said, if you call or email, find out what is backordered. They will ship partials, but you have to request it.
Nh4clo4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:11 AM   #12
RedRider

Sounds like there needs to be a better way to update customers on the status of backordered items.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:12 AM   #13
flashed

If you live on the East side of the country as I do there is no reason to order from Brothers , SOKY Southern Kentucky Classic sells the same stuff usually around the same price and their customer service is second to none .They also tell you if item is in stock when you order .Shipping is less too. Summit Racing also is good for most of the same parts .
I have ordered twice from Brothers way back and everything I ordered was on backorder but my card was charged immediately .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:14 PM   #14
applebmw

Finally received my sending unit. 15 days later, it the wrong part, I have been on hold for 20 minutes so far......anybody else sell truck parts? These guys are a joke in my eyes.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:18 PM   #15
applebmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
If you live on the East side of the country as I do there is no reason to order from Brothers , SOKY Southern Kentucky Classic sells the same stuff usually around the same price and their customer service is second to none .They also tell you if item is in stock when you order .Shipping is less too. Summit Racing also is good for most of the same parts .
I have ordered twice from Brothers way back and everything I ordered was on backorder but my card was charged immediately .
Thanks I will be ordering from them from now on.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:44 PM   #16
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebmw View Post
Finally received my sending unit. 15 days later, it the wrong part, I have been on hold for 20 minutes so far......anybody else sell truck parts? These guys are a joke in my eyes.
Most everything they sell is drop shipped from somewhere else. I live 10 minutes from their showroom and they never seem to have anything in stock.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:08 PM   #17
67chevemall

LMC is the way to go.
And summit racing
67chevemall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:16 PM   #18
tdangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
Most everything they sell is drop shipped from somewhere else. I live 10 minutes from their showroom and they never seem to have anything in stock.
We are close. I live about 15 minutes from Brothers. So far they seem to have what I've needed in stock. Their pricing seems a little higher but convenient to be so close. Sometimes I make the trip the The Car and Truck Shop in Orange.

1970 Custom Camper/C20 , GM Crate 350/7004R, Dana 60, factory AC
tdangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:52 PM   #19
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdangle View Post
We are close. I live about 15 minutes from Brothers. So far they seem to have what I've needed in stock. Their pricing seems a little higher but convenient to be so close. Sometimes I make the trip the The Car and Truck Shop in Orange.
Truck and car shop is where I buy 90% of my stuff...parts always in stock.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 04:36 PM   #20
rsavage

Truck and Car Shop also has a store near Charlotte. When I visited my son over Christmas, I drove there and picked up a gm licensed grille for my 69. No shipping and literally hundreds of dollars cheaper than others. I bought one from them at Carlisle for the 1970 k10 I had several years ago. When I head to the Charlotte Auto Fair in April I plan on getting lots more parts especially the oversized shipping items. Nice folks at the NC shop
2021 Durango RT 5.7
rsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:44 PM   #21
iGreek

They absolutely suck when it comes to back ordered parts and communication. They don't show that a part is back ordered on their site, which is annoying. Then you wait and wait for your order to ship, it's a week later, you call them and have someone explain that one item is backordered and they are waiting for it to ship the whole order...

Most businesses have common courtesy to call the customer and tell them that. I waited a week, with a huge order and had to call them to figure that out. Then they asked if I wanted the other parts shipped now or just wait. I tell them to wait and they guarantee me it'll all be shipped tuesday, when the one parts comes in and then of course I hear nothing. Call late tuesday and get told back ordered part is coming Thursday and of course once again I had to call and figure that out.

I've ordered from every company out there, but they are a bunch of bozos. Really really bad at communicating things that should be simple to take care of, just as any other business works. Don't think I'll order anything else from them after that ordeal, so I feel for ya.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:12 PM   #22
rsavage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGreek View Post
They absolutely suck when it comes to back ordered parts and communication. They don't show that a part is back ordered on their site, which is annoying. Then you wait and wait for your order to ship, it's a week later, you call them and have someone explain that one item is backordered and they are waiting for it to ship the whole order...

Most businesses have common courtesy to call the customer and tell them that. I waited a week, with a huge order and had to call them to figure that out. Then they asked if I wanted the other parts shipped now or just wait. I tell them to wait and they guarantee me it'll all be shipped tuesday, when the one parts comes in and then of course I hear nothing. Call late tuesday and get told back ordered part is coming Thursday and of course once again I had to call and figure that out.

I've ordered from every company out there, but they are a bunch of bozos. Really really bad at communicating things that should be simple to take care of, just as any other business works. Don't think I'll order anything else from them after that ordeal, so I feel for ya.
They are not the only company that has very poor customer service. Mac's, which sells Ford parts, was a local company for like 50 years. I could drive there and they had the parts I needed in stock. Couple of years ago they were gobbled up by Eckler's. Now it is based in Florida. I can order and have the parts shipped free to the former Mac's near me (nothing is stocked there - it is just an empty warehouse with a couple of employees) but it takes forever. I was waiting a couple of weeks for some communication on an order. Finally got in touch with Customer Service and they hadn't shipped my order because one part was on back-order. I told them to ship it. A few days later I called Florida and asked if it had been shipped to the old Mac's. I was told yes. I drove there the next day and it wasn't there. Finally a couple days later it arrived. Eckler's is systematically destroying a once vibrant company. I will now use them only as a last resort.
2021 Durango RT 5.7
rsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:53 AM   #23
BossHogg69
motor exploder

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
x2 on SOKY for stuff that is 67-72 specific. I've also used Classic Parts many times, they are in MO, and have had very good experiences with them. I buy a TON through Summit Racing also. I had a not so favorable experience many years ago with Brothers and never used them again.

There are many great supporting vendors on the East Coast, no real reason to order from across the country.

1969 Chevy CST/10 stepside, DART Big M/TREMEC Magnum Extreme/3.73's w/Detroit Truetrac
1965 Chevy Bel Air Wagon (daily driver), 327/TH350,10 bolt w/3.08's
1961 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe, ZZ454/M21/9" rear w/3.50's & Detroit Truetrac
2005 GMC 1500 ccsb 2wd, 6.0L/4L65e/3.73 G80
2006 GMC 2500HD ccsb 4x4, DMax LBZ/Allison 6spd/4.56's w/Detroit TrueTrac

Use the SEARCH function on this forum - it is your friend!!
BossHogg69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:10 AM   #24
applebmw

SOKY looks like the place to go by there prices.
Old 01-19-2018, 01:22 PM   #25
flashed

Its not only their pricing (SOKY) , They have great customer service and they build these trucks and know what works . They ship out quickly too .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote