The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-30-2018, 01:43 PM   #1
towbar

Location: Marshall, NC....heart of the Appalachians.....aka, Gods country!!
Thumbs up MCB Matt (Matts Classic Bowties)

Hey, gotta give a shout out to Kim at Matts Classic Bowties. Purchased a sure fit vintage air kit from them back in Sept 2017, Kim was on top of the game, was able to answer any questions I had very quickly, kept me informed of when the order was processed, shipped etc!! Very easy to do business with.

But....as everyone know, you can tell what kind of backbone a business has if you have an issue after the sale. With Matts Classic Bowties, they are truly a top notch group. My evap case arrived with one of the nutserts broken, this is one of the 4 nutserts holding the back firewall mounting bracket to the evap case. I contacted Kim @ Matts and they did all the leg work getting me a RMA and putting me in contact with VA, and checked up on the progress along the way....so a big huge "thank you" goes out to Matts and especially Kim!

My experience with Vintage Air customer service was very poor, and if there is ever another option I will not likely purchase VA again. I had to pay to return my evap case for the above nutsert repair, customer service said that they would refund my shipping charges (never did), then my evap returned cracked around the replaced nutsert. Contacted VA and they sent another evap case out really quick which was nice, but then expected me to pay to return the cracked case.....I advised them that I had already paid once to return it and I wasn't paying again. Then about every 3 weeks VA would contact me (call and email) again and ask why I hadn't returned the case...well because you haven't sent me a prepaid shipping label was my response always.....so they finally sent the shipping label and I shipped the broken case back 2 weeks ago....about 4 months total, unbelievable!!
towbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 01:55 PM   #2
Getter-Done

Re: MCB Matt (Matts Classic Bowties)

I was thinking of going with VA.
But Customer service means a lot.
Can I ask you a few questions?
How was the installation?
Does it work ok?
Would you go back with Factory set-up if you had to do it over?
Thanks
Dwayne
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:59 PM   #3
towbar

Location: Marshall, NC....heart of the Appalachians.....aka, Gods country!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getter-Done View Post
I was thinking of going with VA.
But Customer service means a lot.
Can I ask you a few questions?
How was the installation?
Does it work ok?
Would you go back with Factory set-up if you had to do it over?
Thanks
Dwayne
Getter-Done: Unfortunately I cant answer any of your questions, sorry. I'm in the process of installation right now, modifying the mounting brackets to utilize a factory heater delete plate on the firewall, and cleaning up the firewall for a repaint.

There are tons of guys on the board that have used VA with good results and seem to be happy with their decision. I have a couple buddies that have installed and liked them, and one friend that has probably did 50 installs on various vehicles/trucks, muscle cars, street rods etc, and he recommended the sure fit kit for me.

The unit and all the parts and pieces in the kit seem to be nice quality. The instructions are well laid out and easy to follow, so probably anyone with a moderate level of mechanical ability should be good with installation. Everything came very well packaged too. My gripe was not with the kit, its was with the initial quality control that sent the kit out with a broken nutsert, then sent it out again with a cracked case....and secondly with poor customer service I received from Vintage Air.

If I had it to do over, at this point, I would not have gone with a factory set up since good parts are hard to get (my truck is a non AC truck so I had nothing), the original unit (in my opinion) not as efficient as new systems, they are heavier and more bulky than new kits.....plus I can still use my kick panel vents with the VA set up.
towbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 07:10 AM   #4
Getter-Done

Towbar
Thanks for the good info.
I will probably go this route still ,because I also do not have factory air in my truck.
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote