The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-18-2018, 11:45 AM   #1451
Killer Bee

Re: My Facetruck thread.

hey neighbor, can ya help us with this wet clover?

Old 10-18-2018, 12:06 PM   #1452
davischevy

Where did you get that video of me leaving that pasture?

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:56 PM   #1453
Killer Bee

^^ btw, that was supposed to be me, I'm sure you're much better looking Mr. Davis

and I always dreaded green clover - H E A V Y !
Old 10-18-2018, 03:58 PM   #1454
Killer Bee

so lately in the wee hours of the night when I get home form work, been seeing a few coyotes in the neighborhood..

nearby freeway construction [thankfully far enough we can't hear it] has flushed lots of critters out of their homes..

last week, two fair sized coyotes walked up within 10-15 feet of me while I was chattin with my best friend who's a local PD officer..

they were close enough to us he drew on them till they sauntered off.. he said there's been a lot of reports in our neighborhood..

sooo, this letter came in the mail today..

I would take off work to go but I don't think they'll be interested in my input

Old 10-18-2018, 04:17 PM   #1455
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Kill them and hang them from the fence.....

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:46 PM   #1456
Killer Bee

yes sir! that's what we do back home.. doggone livestock killers!

wish I'd had this back then, wouldn't even need to leave the yard..

send them yotes a 750gr love tap, instant buzzard kibble!

Old 10-18-2018, 08:27 PM   #1457
Ol Blue K20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
yes sir! that's what we do back home.. doggone livestock killers!

wish I'd had this back then, wouldn't even need to leave the yard..

send them yotes a 750gr love tap, instant buzzard kibble!

Nice....I don't think there would be enough to hang on the fence

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 10-18-2018, 11:16 PM   #1458
davischevy

The coyotes, deer and wild hogs are getting to be a nuisance here. You guys would probably be welcome at any meeting concerning them. K20's fence would probably get put to use.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:24 PM   #1459
davischevy

A nice, calm, and respectable lady went into the pharmacy, walked up to the pharmacist, looked straight into his eyes, and said, “I would like to buy some cyanide.”
The pharmacist asked, “Why in the world do you need cyanide?”
The lady replied, “I need it to poison my husband.”
The pharmacist’s eyes got big and he exclaimed, “Lord have mercy! I can’t give you cyanide to kill your husband. Absolutely not! You CANNOT have any cyanide!”
The lady reached into her purse and pulled out a picture of her husband in bed with the pharmacist’s wife.
The pharmacist looked at the picture and said, “You didn’t tell me you had a prescription.”

Old 10-19-2018, 08:06 AM   #1460
special-K
Special Order

Here, take two.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:59 AM   #1461
Ol Blue K20

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
A nice, calm, and respectable lady went into the pharmacy, walked up to the pharmacist, looked straight into his eyes, and said, “I would like to buy some cyanide.”
The pharmacist asked, “Why in the world do you need cyanide?”
The lady replied, “I need it to poison my husband.”
The pharmacist’s eyes got big and he exclaimed, “Lord have mercy! I can’t give you cyanide to kill your husband. Absolutely not! You CANNOT have any cyanide!”
The lady reached into her purse and pulled out a picture of her husband in bed with the pharmacist’s wife.
The pharmacist looked at the picture and said, “You didn’t tell me you had a prescription.”

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 10-19-2018, 12:03 PM   #1462
davischevy

A couple was invited to a swanky costume party.

The Mrs. got a terrible headache and told her husband to go to the party alone.
He being a devoted husband protested, but she argued and said she was going to take some aspirin and go to bed and there was no need for his good time being spoiled by not going.

So he took his costume and away he went.

The wife, after sleeping soundly for about an hour, awakened without pain and, as it was still early, decided to go the party.

Since her husband did not know what her costume was, she thought she would have some fun by watching her husband to see how he acted when she was not with him.

She joined the party and soon spotted her husband cavorting around on the dance floor, dancing with every nice looking woman he could, and copping a little feel here and a little kiss there.

His wife sidled up to him and being a rather seductive babe herself, he left his current partner high and dry and devoted his time to the new babe that had just arrived.

She let him go as far as he wished, naturally, since he was her husband.

Finally, he whispered a little proposition in her ear and she agreed.

So off they went to one of the cars and had a quickie.

Just before unmasking at midnight, she slipped away, went home, put the costume away and got into bed, wondering what kind of explanation he would make for his behavior.

She was sitting up reading when he came in, and she asked what kind of a time he had.. He said: "Oh, the same old thing. You know I never have a good time when you're not there."

"Did you dance much?'

"I'll tell you, I never even danced one dance. When I got there, I met Pete, Bill Brown and some other guys and we went into the den and played poker all evening.

But you're not going to believe what happened to the guy I loaned my costume to....."

Old 10-19-2018, 07:19 PM   #1463
special-K
Special Order

Too much!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 10-24-2018, 06:39 AM   #1464
special-K
Special Order

Been having a good time working a couple days with my two sons, Jason and Sam. It hasn't happened often, but when all three of us get together to work it's the best feeling for me as a dad. My older son does hardwood flooring and this is his job. Actually a side job because he is working for someone else doing another type of work these days. So he has no crew and that's how we all came together. The job involves running the entire main floor, including kitchen (gutted) and fingering in to old flooring in family room into hallway then foyer. Not just straight up slam it down flooring. I wasn't too wild about the thought of running hardwood but the good outweighs the bad.

Driving home, all in our own vehicles on the same road, we had a red light where the road goes from 2 to 1 lane beyond the light. I take the right lane, roll past Jason with a grin and signalling I'm going to run Sam. Sam has a Toyota X-Runner he has a nice tune on and I'm in my '95 K2500 Suburban. I sit back with my bumper at the back of his door... a little tactic I use when I want to beat someone out. Light turns green and I lunge out ahead, works every time. He is much faster and came right around me with ease, of course I let up too . Didn't want to pinch us together at the merge, you know. I just wanted to mess with Sam.

So on up the road at the crossroads closest to my place, Jason comes rolling by on my right and stops next to Sam in the right turn lane (regular cab ZR2) in an obvious challenge. I got a real kick when the light turned green and both my boys pull out hard side by side in front of me. Jason is tossing up dust off the hard shoulder and drops in behind Sam. Might seem irresponsible for some, but it was a high point for me all the same. Not a word spoken between us, just something we could do and the other knew what was up... all in fun.

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 10-24-2018 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:00 AM   #1465
davischevy

It don't sound nearly as dangerous as driving under the influence or texting and driving.

Actually sounds like something we would do here.

My dad was 85 when he quit driving and he still loved a little race off the light so you have at least 20 years left Tim.

Old 10-24-2018, 11:01 AM   #1466
davischevy

A little old lady was running up and down the halls in a nursing home.
As she walked, she would flip up the hem of her nightgown and say 'Supersex'
She walked up to an elderly man in a wheelchair...
Flipping her gown at him, she said, 'Supersex...'
He sat silently for a moment or two and finally answered
'I'll take the soup.'

Old 10-24-2018, 05:58 PM   #1467
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Heh, I like to get a hole shot on those ricers with the 4 inch fart can on the back. I'll only beat them across the intersection in that big truck, but they sure get steamed.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:25 PM   #1468
special-K
Special Order

I'd prefer the soup, too! No drinking, just hard work among family, feelin' good on a nice day, and WTF, screw-it, let's GO!!

Yeah Stevie, I like to taunt even when I ain't gawt nuthin'. That little Tacoma has about 325hp currently, stock they are 250hp. Those X-Runners are a nice little sport truck, 6spd, posi, lowered, Bilsteins, 18" alloys. He's got the Toyo proxies on a set of factory wheels he had powder coated gloss black. The exhaust is some mandrel bent bigger pipe deal some guy puts out on a low production level, we opened up the air intake significantly, and my buddy played with his computer. He's done some things to the suspension, too. He's always messing with it.
https://www.google.com/search?q=red+...ih=448&dpr=1.4

Jason, my older son, never was much for wrenchin', although he does fix his own stuff. That ZR2 he has came with, maybe, 8" wide Atlas wheels (if you know what those are) with RWD offset. They stuck out a mile. I found him a nice set of original S10 wheels that look like Centerlines. Much better now.

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 10-31-2018 at 07:14 AM.
Old 10-24-2018, 10:26 PM   #1469
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

I envy you guys that don't have a biennial SMOG inspection. You get away with all kinds of stuff on models newer than '76. I'd like to put a newer KIA Soul turbo-charged four cylinder in my KIA Forte. That would be a real kick in the ass! It would be possible, but would cost more than the car, by the time it was done (since I can't do it), and it would never get past the SMOG test. We used to be able to get away with that kind of stuff 40 years ago, but it's just a pipe dream, these days.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:30 PM   #1470
davischevy

I'm sure our day is coming Steve, it's just a matter of time.

Old 10-24-2018, 11:56 PM   #1471
special-K
Special Order

Yep, we can look to CA for what will come. Maryland likes new regulations, too. It's the suburb counties of Washington, DC. They come up with new attempts at regulating common sense all the time. Next thing it's statewide. But so far, as long as it passes the emissions test (bi-annual) we have freedom to tamper. I think it's a sniffer test.

My friend is doing a turbo on his S10 4-banger. He is also doing his version of a Cyclone on a later S10... all wheel drive/LS power. He's the Grand National guy, tweaks them out to the max. I might as well be in CA. I'm not much on mssing with anything newer than what they allow anyway.

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 10-25-2018 at 12:01 AM.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:39 PM   #1472
davischevy

My daughter got married today at an interesting place. In a cave. Beckham Creek Cave. They rented the place for the weekend. It was my first visit, and it's quite a place. http://beckhamcave.com/
Attached Images

Old 10-27-2018, 09:13 PM   #1473
Boog
laying low

Well that's different. I could see me falling asleep on top of a rock but not under it..: Does water seep through the rock in there? It looks like puddles in several areas.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 09:15 PM   #1474
davischevy

There are several places that drip from the ceiling. I couldn't get my wife to stay the night.

Old 10-27-2018, 09:34 PM   #1475
Boog
laying low

I can see it's quite pricey. Is this something new up that way? I've not heard of it. Near Jasper?
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote