The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2017, 12:19 PM   #1
ultrahd4me

1986 C10 Project "Midnight Blue"

Well after a 3 month break from building my own trucks, I decided to jump on another one and accept a challenge I was given. The challenge: build a super cool swb truck with a modern stance, tire & wheel package, V8, power options, working A/C, fairly solid paint & body, nice interior, budget friendly, quick build time, and not loose any money. I've wanted to do a killer worn paint/patina truck for awhile and decided to take the challenge. So after looking at a few different trucks, I bought a midnight blue truck with an older repaint that's well worn but not super rusty or with a real heavy patina. So the build plan is 4.5&6 drop with name brand parts, 20x10 & 20x8 polished torque thrust wheel and tire package, new trim, new and restored interior, light mechanical restoration with working A/C. The truck runs and drives great, all power options are working as they should, super solid old truck with only a small rust spot on each cab corner. First round of parts are ordered and the teardown begins this week.
Attached Images