The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-24-2017, 03:42 PM   #1
HunterRotten

Delco 16009960 No FM signal

Just bench tested my radio and only FM will play any sound. Switch it to FM and there's nothing at all. No lights or anything. Any help?
HunterRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:00 PM   #2
lsversaw

Re: Delco 16009960 No FM signal

If you gets lights and sound with the switch set in AM, but neither lights or sound when you move the switch to FM, then the AM/FM switch is probably bad.

But what happens if you turn the radio on with the switch is in the FM position? Do you get lights and FM sound? If so, it would change my diagnosis.

And when you start in AM, switch to FM, then switch back to AM, do you get lights and AM sound again? If so, it makes my bad-switch theory more likely.

In either case though, it's repairable. Not necessarily cost effective, but feasible.

Let us know what you find.
lsversaw is offline   Reply With Quote