The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2018, 01:30 AM   #11
joedoh

Re: Wamego: 1949 GMC 150

something different. using the sheetmetal bracket on the last 41 showed me a lot of how to mount the brack pedal and steering column on these 98+ s10s, took the fear out of it as it was. when I did the big steel mount to hold the aluminum bracket it was huge and clunky and everything about it sucked, running harnesses most of all. that simple sheet bracket on the 41 was loosey goosey until I got all the braces attached and then it was solid as a rock.

I had to get MIL CRV out of the way of the garage door to push out the frame and try the cab mount, so I did the brake line and put a washer under the balljoint castle nut to line up the cotter pin, it looked a little far away. drove up the block and it squeaked and groaned like an orgy (I have been told). crud. I picked up a new loaded strut, and step ONE was disconnect the lower balljoint. it was 102 with 57% humidity (111!) and I did the strut in the sun. I thought I was going to melt like a candle. but got it done. needs a proper road test but she is standing proud again. the old strut looked ok installed but was reaaaallly bent. like a banana.

IMG_0211.JPG by Joe Doh, on Flickr

getting ready for the cab fit tomorrow, I should have my flatbed back and be using the forklift to load that 41 cab up for delivery. I thought I would measure up the mounts and see what was up, would you believe they are all square and level and the fronts are exactly 46 3/4" apart center to center? just like the mount holes in the cab. I am pretty pumped for tomorrow. except that the water heater gave up the ghost today. always something.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote