The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-21-2009, 10:08 PM   #1
terd ferguson

King Of Trucks is coming along nicely...

I started with a '55 2nd series with a good body and minimal rust in the door bottoms. It was built in Atlanta and spent it's whole life in Georgia til I got it a month or so ago. Also started with new brakes from the master to the wheels and new tires. I also got a strong 235 with three on the tree. That's a lot of hard work I don't have to worry about. Here's my plan in simple stages...

Stage One- tune up and total fluid changes
Stage Two- total truck rewire
Stage Three- as low as it'll go using dropped axle/springs and flipped rear and blocks/notch if needed
Stage Four- engine dress up and hop up with vintage inline speed parts
Stage Five- full on radical interior with heavily flaked/striped dash and tuck'n'roll
Stage Six- the outside, body work and shiny paint with new chrome grill, bumpers, and such

Stage one is complete. Stage two is nearly complete with only a day or so of work left to do. For Stage Three, I'll be ordering the front end parts and flip kit the Monday after Thanksgiving and beginning to tackle that.

I've started collecting parts for Stage Four. I scored a complete two pot intake and carbs today off craigslist. I got a new offy intake, two new factory rebuilt carbs, offy linkages, offy fuel lines, gaskets, fuel filter and a vhs video for setup. All this stuff is brand new and still in the packages. A guy had bought it and sold his car before ever using it. I'm looking for a decently priced split exhaust manifold to complete the hop up part. I need to find cool valve/side covers and air cleaners for the dress up part. I'll also paint the engine bay and block to have under the hood looking right.

Stage Five and Six are on down the line, but I've begun to plan my interior color scheme. The dash will be heavily flaked and striped. There will be a lot of white and tuck'n'roll everywhere else inside. Did I mention this truck will be 100% in house built, nothing farmed out? Did I mention I don't know how to sew? No matter. I hope to have to Stage Four completed by the end of January or soon after and Stage Five by the end of summer or fall. Stage Six by the next summer. Sounds like a long time, I know. But like I said, I'll be doing all this myself in my garage and driveway.

I'll be driving this in the meantime, it's my new daily. I'm obviously sticking with the inline and generator. I'm building it as a semi-true tribute to the '57 my dad had back in '59 in California when he was in the Air Force. The same spirit, but different. I'm shooting for a time frame of around 1961 with a couple of twists, but nothing really modern whatsoever except a super mild stereo system.

I'm off to a good start. Hope it keeps up that way. Here's some pics for putting up with all my jibber jabber...

King Of Trucks...

The intake and carb setup I got...

Here's some of my dad's old truck...

Back then, this was super low. Accomplished with dropped axle and taking out leaves. Check out the sweet "floating" grill and louvered hood...

Tijuana tuck'n'roll and chrome door panels. Does it get any better?

Tuck'n'roll tonnaeu. Probably stuffed with cigarette butts and straw, lol...

1955 2nd Series Chevy "King Of Trucks"
terd ferguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:00 AM   #2
Kim57

Re: King Of Trucks is coming along nicely...

Sounds like a cool project King.
Kim
Kim57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:15 PM   #3
drivea55

Re: King Of Trucks is coming along nicely...

nice project! you have to love the vintage pics!!!

SOLD to "ONEBADFIVEFIVE"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=436406
drivea55 is offline   Reply With Quote