The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-17-2009, 04:15 PM   #1
bestchevyfan

67 swb bed

Looking at a 67 swb bed ,tailgate a little bowed,did not see any rust or signs of body work.floor looked to be used some. W.i.t. Thanks,buddy
bestchevyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:52 PM   #2
msgross

Re: 67 swb bed

hard to say..

$300-$500 maybe... more if the gate was straight..
1969 C-10 LWB (SOLD) "Project flip that truck or else"
1993 Passport, F@rd 1-ton (SOLD)"Project Cousin Eddie"

My Garage Build "The 1,000 footer"
msgross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:55 PM   #3
sailed2japan
Jonny

I'd say 100% good=$500
Needs Gate=$400
Needs work besides the wood=$300
Big Dent=$200
Rusted=$100
Dented+Rusted=FREE
Dented+Rusted+No Gate=I beter be getting some gas money!
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve is someone who, at one time in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including his life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
-AEC Hundley USNR
sailed2japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:26 AM   #4
bestchevyfan

Forgot to say it is a fleetside also.thanks,buddy
bestchevyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:05 AM   #5
sailed2japan
Jonny

In all seriousness that really is my "value guide." It kinda goes on a case by case basis and you also have to toss in the need/want factor
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve is someone who, at one time in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including his life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
-AEC Hundley USNR
sailed2japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:35 PM   #6
67/72junkie
Account Suspended

its all about location and how nice of a truck you are putting it on.I have 2 perfect short fleet beds and I have been offered $1500 cash without the tailgates several times and they are not for sale.I have 2 72 bb cheyenne super longbeds from ca that are rust free and I am going to swap them onto short frames and use these beds.The frame and the bed is the only differance but look at what a rustfree 72bb cheyenne super swb sales for compared to a lwb.If you live out west they are not to hard to find.Where I live on the east coast nice short fleets are rare and worth alot more.Last time I checked prices it cost about $2500 to build and all new short fleet with goodmark sheetmetal and a wood floor.If you know of a nice 67 swb for $500 to $600 and don't buy it.I'll drive to Ten and pick it up.I am going to ca to pickup a 72 bb lwb it cost $200 for a plain ticket weeks in advance and between $600 & $700 in fuel to drive it home.That does not include food and lodging while traveling.If I spend $1500 over the price of the truck and a week to go get it I'm much better off than spending weeks and $1500 in parts and materials to fix a rusty eastcoast truck.I bought the rustfree truck cheaper in ca than I could find a rusty one around home.I love this computer.makes shopping for parts such a breeze .10 years ago I road all over the country every weekend looking for good body parts.In 10 more years all those western trucks are going to be dwindling out and see what a nice shortbed will be then.Ask someone with a rustfree swb restored truck that has been in a wreck and needs a swb to put his truck back together .location & need

Last edited by 67/72junkie; 03-18-2009 at 09:38 PM.
67/72junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:26 PM   #7
67/72junkie
Account Suspended

its all about location and how nice of a truck you are putting it on.I have 2 perfect short fleet beds and I have been offered $1500 cash without the tailgates several times and they are not for sale.I have 2 72 bb cheyenne super longbeds from ca that are rust free and I am going to swap them onto short frames and use these beds.The frame and the bed is the only differance but look at what a rustfree 72bb cheyenne super swb sales for compared to a lwb.If you live out west they are not to hard to find.Where I live on the east coast nice short fleets are rare and worth alot more.Last time I checked prices it cost about $2500 to build and all new short fleet with goodmark sheetmetal and a wood floor.If you know of a nice 67 swb for $500 to $600 and don't buy it.I'll drive to Ten and pick it up.I am going to ca to pickup a 72 bb lwb it cost $200 for a plain ticket weeks in advance and between $600 & $700 in fuel to drive it home.That does not include food and lodging while traveling.If I spend $1500 over the price of the truck and a week to go get it I'm much better off than spending weeks and $1500 in parts and materials to fix a rusty eastcoast truck.I bought the rustfree truck cheaper in ca than I could find a rusty one around home.I love this computer.makes shopping for parts such a breeze .10 years ago I road all over the country every weekend looking for good body parts.In 10 more years all those western trucks are going to be dwindling out and see what a nice shortbed will be then.Ask someone with a rustfree swb restored truck that has been in a wreck and needs a swb to put his truck back together .location & need
67/72junkie is offline   Reply With Quote