The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Tools, Shops and Shop Safety

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-26-2017, 11:17 AM   #1
Indian113

Craftsman Tools

I just read in todays paper that Black and Decker will be selling Craftsman Tools at all Lowes Lumber Yard Stores. I don't have any idea just how soon they will start stocking but I bet it will be before Christmas.
Indian113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 08:21 PM   #2
truckster

Re: Craftsman Tools

Our local Ace hardware also sells Craftsman tools. They don't have as much variety as Sears stores, but they'll match the ad prices on identical items.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:41 AM   #3
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Hopefully Stanley acquiring Black and Decker will improve the quality of their crap overseas made power tools,, and now the conglomerate buying the Craftsman name will bring the 'Craftsman' line of hand tools BACK to the US from the JUNK that was being made in China.
It's funny,, Stanley (one of the BEST tool makers around since 1910) once had the contract with Sears to make the Craftsman tools,, Now the tables turn and they will pay Sears a royalty for 15 years to make them in one of the old tool foundries they used decades ago to make Craftsman. (One of the Trump 'bring jobs back to the US' is the rumor)

Whatever let's hope the line comes back to a quality tool. Only the Craftsman "Professional and Industrial' line has been made in the US with 'REAL STEEL' for about 12+ years. I never thought I could wear out, or strip out a craftsman wrench / ratchet,, but I have 3 ratchets and a couple of wrenches that prove otherwise.

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:26 PM   #4
kaycee

Yeah just read in the paper where the Sears is closing in Cheyenne by 2018 ,I saw where or Ace had Craftsmen tools at there store. I wonder if LOWES is keeping the KOBALT line then ?
63 IMPALA 327
kaycee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:16 AM   #5
SuperChief

Make sure you look at the forge mark....I got a whole set of BF Japan Craftsman..noticed no quality difference but wanted good old USA
SuperChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 06:24 AM   #6
In The Ten Ring

I hope Craftsman brings back their "Crossforce" ratcheting wrench line (with lever). I paid a hefty price for a metric and SAE set last summer. I only did that for the metric set, it's a gift to my GF's father.

Honestly, so much stuff being made overseas frightens me. How does that work in a global war?
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote