The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-13-2020, 05:04 PM   #1
ccautoupholstery

😵

Im at a loss. My 5.3 has fired right up every time I have tried...until after doing an oil change today and getting ready to tow it to the driveline shop. Fuel pump is working and I can smell gas while it cranks but wont fire. Has 1 trouble code p1518 which has to do with the TAC module...i have checked all of my wiring, checked my fuses. I am at a complete loss. On the bright side I tried to start it before calling the tow truck, would have sucked to pick it up from the driveline shop for it to not start and need towed again.
ccautoupholstery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 10:27 PM   #2
ls1nova71

Re: 😵

Not sure if it's your problem, but I have had the plugs get gas fouled while starting a swap engine many times before everything is hooked up. Try taking the plugs out and see if they're wet. If they are, I have had decent luck burning them off with a propane torch then reinstalling them and try starting it. Not a perfect solution, but I probably did that 3 or 4 times on my '33, and its been on the road 12 years now.

5.3 swap into my RUSTY '71 C10
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...71-c-10-a.html
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 11:28 PM   #3
ccautoupholstery

Re: 😵

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1nova71 View Post
Not sure if it's your problem, but I have had the plugs get gas fouled while starting a swap engine many times before everything is hooked up. Try taking the plugs out and see if they're wet. If they are, I have had decent luck burning them off with a propane torch then reinstalling them and try starting it. Not a perfect solution, but I probably did that 3 or 4 times on my '33, and its been on the road 12 years now.
I will check tomorrow. But when I first go to start it almost fires and then kind of seems like the ecm is shutting something down. Also, with key on the pedal accuates the throttle body so I wouldnt think my TAC randomly went bad. I haven't even driven the truck since my swap and literally every time I have gone out and tried it has fired right up with no hesitation and ran as long as I wanted.
ccautoupholstery is offline   Reply With Quote