The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-01-2018, 10:15 PM   #1
69BUCKET

Ls swap

Anyone have any experience with using LS engine kits from NO LIFT MOTORSPORTS out of Topeka, KS.?...
69BUCKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 03:06 PM   #2
tinydb84

Re: Ls swap

Ive seen some positive comments on Facebook. They do have some great prices. Pacific Fab is a vender on here and are a bit more expensive but have a pretty good track record and offer a warranty.

Both me and my brother have spoken with them and had positive experiences.
Rear suspension rework: http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=750557
Instagram: myfabguy
tinydb84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:25 AM   #3
69BUCKET

I originally planned on using them...but for a budget build I hope I don't get burned.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:46 AM   #4
Flubyu

Wondering if their prices for harness rework and PCM flash are correct?? Website states $150 plus shipping?!
Old 02-08-2018, 11:03 AM   #5
69BUCKET

Their prices seem pretty affordable in comparison...but that's the price I see as well.
Old 03-05-2018, 03:06 PM   #6
69BUCKET

Need some help with final pieces. Need adapters for throttle cable and kickdown cable. What are you guys using?
Old 03-05-2018, 03:14 PM   #7
mongocanfly
Post Whore

mine was a dbw and I switched to bdc so I made the bracket for my throttle cable.. mines manual so no kick-down

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver
mongocanfly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:53 PM   #8
72again4x4

I bought my 5.3 from them. Good phone support after I received the engine. Was a little disappointed in the condition I got the engine in. Don’t want to bog down your thread. Welcome to PM me if you would like some photos. I have the original pics saved and how my engine ended up. All said and done I would still recommend them.
Roger
Old 03-14-2018, 04:35 PM   #9
76C10GJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69BUCKET View Post
Their prices seem pretty affordable in comparison...but that's the price I see as well.
Hello! I'm new to this forum... and what brought me here was a Google search for No Lift Motorsports after getting the run around from them.

I'm not one to bash a business or complain about things for no reason. I'm typically the guy that won't even send food back when it's prepared wrong at a restaurant, LOL! I do have a complaint though against No Lift Motosports in Topeka, KS. It took me 3 months to get my engine and another month to get my harness and peripheral items, and then another month to get the shipping refund that I was supposed to get for the all the delays. Communication was great with them at first, but then after money changed hands, it was harder to get in contact with them. Like one of the other members mentioned, everything came in filthy. The harness was not labeled and wasn't loomed or even electrical taped in the spots where it was modified. I also failed to mentioned that the engine I received was not what I ordered (mine had been shipped to someone else). Now granted, the engine I got had a little more work done to it (advanced cam swap vs basic), so I got a little more than I bargained for on that part, and as stated I was promised the shipping refund that would come from the shipping company (which I finally got sent to me via paypal on 3/12, and we still had some discrepancies on what the total was supposed to be based on what they originally told me). So they did try to make it right. I was offered a full refund 2 1/2 months in, but at that point it was not worth the time I had already wasted to crate everything back up and sent it back. Despite all of that, the lack of communication is inexcusable. Also the length of time it has taken... and I still have not actually received everything from them. I am still missing the plastic engine cover (not major but was promised to be included), and a simple receipt of the purchase to be emailed to me. Supposedly the cover was shipped UPS (with no tracking number) twice already, and the email was sent already... I haven't seen either.
What tops the cake though, is that after posting a review on there site, basically saying what I've stated here, then they decide to hit me up immediately. They also removed the review, by turning off the reviews all together, LOL!.. and it wasn't just my review, but also my buddies from Oklahoma and one of his friends as well. I can't say that the engine isn't put together well or anything like that (I haven't cranked mine yet). As for their professionalism of dealing with customers, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Final thoughts.. I started this process on 10/9/17... it is 3/14/18 and I still haven't gotten everything I was promised. You get what you pay for basically.

If you have anymore questions, hit me up.
76C10GJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 12:14 AM   #10
69BUCKET

76C10GJ, sorry to hear about the trouble. I was worried about shipping issues as well...so I picked mine up as I am only 2 hours from them. Them being someone's house. Pulled up with my friend, looked like they had just degreased and power washed engine. They didn't have harness or ECU ready so I left with engine only. Jason told me harness would ship following Monday. Got home, 2 broken exhaust manifolds bolts, brake booster connection to intake was broken inside it. No throttle cable bracket. I was told it was out of an 04 Silverado. Engine was missing idler pulley, got home with new one...belt didn't fit. Measured my dad's 01 Sierra 4.8, 1/2" smaller than what I what I bought. Now I am wondering if I even have a 5.3 like he said it was. How can I make sure this is even a 5.3?. After I followed about the rest of my stuff on Monday, no word till that evening that it would ship out Tuesday morning. I said great, please send me tracking info....nothing. Wednesday I asked about it again...along asking about another engine for my Tahoe, quick response saying he had one ready....never got tracking number. Finally got email that my parts are in the mail. Will not be using them again. Nervous about harness....
Old 03-15-2018, 04:38 AM   #11
ls1nova71

There's no difference in serpentine belts between a 4.8 and a 5.3, the difference is in which alternator you have. There are two different sizes, so you probably got a belt for the opposite alternator that your engine has. As for telling if its a 4.8 or 5.3, you can take a plug out and shine a flash light in the cylinder and see if the piston is flat or dished. Flat is 4.8 and dished is 5.3. You can also take a wire and feel it if you cant see it.

5.3 swap into my RUSTY '71 C10
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...71-c-10-a.html
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:52 AM   #12
76C10GJ

Quote:
76C10GJ, sorry to hear about the trouble. I was worried about shipping issues as well...so I picked mine up as I am only 2 hours from them. Them being someone's house. Pulled up with my friend, looked like they had just degreased and power washed engine. They didn't have harness or ECU ready so I left with engine only. Jason told me harness would ship following Monday. Got home, 2 broken exhaust manifolds bolts, brake booster connection to intake was broken inside it. No throttle cable bracket. I was told it was out of an 04 Silverado. Engine was missing idler pulley, got home with new one...belt didn't fit. Measured my dad's 01 Sierra 4.8, 1/2" smaller than what I what I bought. Now I am wondering if I even have a 5.3 like he said it was. How can I make sure this is even a 5.3?. After I followed about the rest of my stuff on Monday, no word till that evening that it would ship out Tuesday morning. I said great, please send me tracking info....nothing. Wednesday I asked about it again...along asking about another engine for my Tahoe, quick response saying he had one ready....never got tracking number. Finally got email that my parts are in the mail. Will not be using them again. Nervous about harness....
Outside of what LS1Nova said, you would have to pull the heads to look at the pistons, since the blocks are identical for 4.8s and 5.3s.

To add to the No Lift Motorsports saga though, I just talked my buddy that I referenced in my first post, and he fired up his engine for the first time last night. Started right up, and sounded mean!.. Then he started hearing chatter. Pulled the valve covers, and one of the rocker arms in the back was loose, and was not able to tighten the bolt, it was just free spinning. So he now has to fix that. After threatening them with legal action is only when they responded, and all of a sudden sent his invoices and receipts that he has been asking for (that were "apparently" sent several times before).
Now, i'm nervous about my engine. I was planning on cleaning it up and painting it over the weekend. Now, I'm probably going to have to double check some things... or maybe I won't because if I break it down, then it will be on me if something doesn't work. Either way, I know not to deal with them again. Maybe they started out OK in the beginning, and possibly they weren't ready for the growth. Either way, that's not the customers problem.
Old 03-15-2018, 12:30 PM   #13
69BUCKET

That's unfortunate with your friends engine. I'm hoping to fire mine up next week...crossing fingers.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:46 PM   #14
verdell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76C10GJ View Post
Hello! I'm new to this forum... and what brought me here was a Google search for No Lift Motorsports after getting the run around from them.

I'm not one to bash a business or complain about things for no reason. I'm typically the guy that won't even send food back when it's prepared wrong at a restaurant, LOL! I do have a complaint though against No Lift Motosports in Topeka, KS. It took me 3 months to get my engine and another month to get my harness and peripheral items, and then another month to get the shipping refund that I was supposed to get for the all the delays. Communication was great with them at first, but then after money changed hands, it was harder to get in contact with them. Like one of the other members mentioned, everything came in filthy. The harness was not labeled and wasn't loomed or even electrical taped in the spots where it was modified. I also failed to mentioned that the engine I received was not what I ordered (mine had been shipped to someone else). Now granted, the engine I got had a little more work done to it (advanced cam swap vs basic), so I got a little more than I bargained for on that part, and as stated I was promised the shipping refund that would come from the shipping company (which I finally got sent to me via paypal on 3/12, and we still had some discrepancies on what the total was supposed to be based on what they originally told me). So they did try to make it right. I was offered a full refund 2 1/2 months in, but at that point it was not worth the time I had already wasted to crate everything back up and sent it back. Despite all of that, the lack of communication is inexcusable. Also the length of time it has taken... and I still have not actually received everything from them. I am still missing the plastic engine cover (not major but was promised to be included), and a simple receipt of the purchase to be emailed to me. Supposedly the cover was shipped UPS (with no tracking number) twice already, and the email was sent already... I haven't seen either.
What tops the cake though, is that after posting a review on there site, basically saying what I've stated here, then they decide to hit me up immediately. They also removed the review, by turning off the reviews all together, LOL!.. and it wasn't just my review, but also my buddies from Oklahoma and one of his friends as well. I can't say that the engine isn't put together well or anything like that (I haven't cranked mine yet). As for their professionalism of dealing with customers, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Final thoughts.. I started this process on 10/9/17... it is 3/14/18 and I still haven't gotten everything I was promised. You get what you pay for basically.

If you have anymore questions, hit me up.

I had considered doing business with them fall of last year but I could never get anyone to respond to basic questions about the engine, via phone or email. It didn't make sense to beg someone to take my money. That was a big red flag. I found a good, clean 5.3 locally tho. I'm glad now that I steered clear of them.
verdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:59 AM   #15
76C10GJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdell View Post
I had considered doing business with them fall of last year but I could never get anyone to respond to basic questions about the engine, via phone or email. It didn't make sense to beg someone to take my money. That was a big red flag. I found a good, clean 5.3 locally tho. I'm glad now that I steered clear of them.
I'm glad you were able to avoid that headache by seeing the writing on the wall up front.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:58 PM   #16
Martinejp1

Quote:
Anyone have any experience with using LS engine kits from NO LIFT MOTORSPORTS out of Topeka, KS.?...
Do not use them. They are a garbage company if that's what you want to call them. I learned the hard way. They were very quick to reply about questions on getting my PCM flashed and harness reworked. I boxed my stuff up and sent it to them. A few days later I called to see if they have received my package and they had but the instructions I had printed and placed inside the box was missing. Someone had opened it and misplaced this info. So I explained to "some guy who just worked there", that's what he told me, what I wanted done. He said I should get a phone call from Jason, the owner. A week later I called back with no answer and left a voicemail. No return call in a few days so I called back to another guys saying it would be finished at the end of the week. I waited and called back with no answer. After 4 days of continuous calling and voicemails, I finally got a hold of a guy who was supposedly dropping it off that day and would give my a text on the tracking number. I never got one until 2 days later after numerous texts, FB messages and phone calls. Shipping was going to take 4 days so I waited until I got notified that there was an error in shipping. I called UPS and they told me a tracking number had been started but nothing was shipped. Me being extremely pissed by then called again numerous times until I got a hold of the Co-Owner. I explained everything and he said that particular guy was about to be fired. Anyway I finally got my package with no wiring loom, half ass cut wires and now I can't get the engine to fire and pretty sure the PCM was never flashed. To top it off, I can't get a hold of anyone again. After 3 months $220 later and crap work, I hope they fail as a company So my advice and get this out to others, Do Not Use Them!
Posted via Mobile Device
Martinejp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:00 PM   #17
76C10GJ

I'm sorry to hear of another victim of their scheme. You can join the rest of us if you like in filing a complaint with the Attorney General in Topeka, KS. I hope this helps, since No Lift isn't going to do anything to resolve the issue for you. I know that feeling all to well. Sorry man.

https://ag.ks.gov/file-a-complaint/c...gation-request

Last edited by 76C10GJ; 05-02-2018 at 06:21 PM.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:50 PM   #18
Martinejp1

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear of a nothing victim of their scheme. You can join the rest of us if you like in filing a complaint with the Attorney General in Topeka, KS. I hope this helps, since No Lift isn't going to do anything to resolve the issue for you. I know that feeling all to well. Sorry man.

https://ag.ks.gov/file-a-complaint/c...gation-request
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks man! I'm definitely doing this because they need to be shut down. My bank is already investigating it as well
Martinejp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 06:22 PM   #19
76C10GJ

I hope it works out for you man. I know of 5 others including myself that have the same complaints.
Sorry for the typos in the original message lol!
Old 10-17-2018, 12:33 PM   #20
Pdawg88

Quote:
I hope it works out for you man. I know of 5 others including myself that have the same complaints.
Sorry for the typos in the original message lol!
Do you know how any of these have turned out? I am about to take him to court as well. So I thought I would see if anyone has had any luck?
Pdawg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 03:27 PM   #21
jkhall316

I used NO-Lift motorsports at the beginning of the year.

I ordered an LQ4(<100k mile) with Brian Tooley racing Stage 3 cam. reseal of gaskets. LS6 intake upgrade. I also ordered some TrickFlow Research Fast as Cast Genx-220 heads. this lead to upgrading to the terra roller rocker arms and needing different length pushrods. On, and I requested drive by cable throttle body.

on top of that I ordered a 4L60E transmission with upgraded 1-2servo and a monster 2500 stall converter.

So, after I paid $$$ it was difficult to get them to communicate with me even via email. claimed oh, someone was sick.. bla bla bla. Then when it all ships 3 weeks late it comes with an LS1 intake not the much better LS6 intake. at which time when I told them I would not accept that he tried to substitute with a sheet metal generic intake with short runners. also, the throttle body was drive by wire, not cable. The wiring harness was a mess. a few pins reversed.

When I finally got to the point to do the install I took off the valley plate to notice the cam lobes looked used.. and yep, the $650 cam upgrade with springs, etc.. was never done. NOTHING. I get it all done myself.. installed, and the computer starts tossing codes.. which comes to 4th gear is out on the tranny.

I would only recommend someone calling a lawyer if they thought about talking to these guys.. worst automotive experience in my life..
jkhall316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 01:20 AM   #22
Pdawg88

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkhall316 View Post
I used NO-Lift motorsports at the beginning of the year.

I ordered an LQ4(<100k mile) with Brian Tooley racing Stage 3 cam. reseal of gaskets. LS6 intake upgrade. I also ordered some TrickFlow Research Fast as Cast Genx-220 heads. this lead to upgrading to the terra roller rocker arms and needing different length pushrods. On, and I requested drive by cable throttle body.

on top of that I ordered a 4L60E transmission with upgraded 1-2servo and a monster 2500 stall converter.

So, after I paid $$$ it was difficult to get them to communicate with me even via email. claimed oh, someone was sick.. bla bla bla. Then when it all ships 3 weeks late it comes with an LS1 intake not the much better LS6 intake. at which time when I told them I would not accept that he tried to substitute with a sheet metal generic intake with short runners. also, the throttle body was drive by wire, not cable. The wiring harness was a mess. a few pins reversed.

When I finally got to the point to do the install I took off the valley plate to notice the cam lobes looked used.. and yep, the $650 cam upgrade with springs, etc.. was never done. NOTHING. I get it all done myself.. installed, and the computer starts tossing codes.. which comes to 4th gear is out on the tranny.

I would only recommend someone calling a lawyer if they thought about talking to these guys.. worst automotive experience in my life..
I had the same exact experience. He is a con man, we was suppose to send me a check that was suppose to be here today. It never showed. So I will be filing my lawsuit Monday. He sent me the same intake that doesn’t fit, it was suppose to be for a cathedral port but it was for a square port.
Pdawg88 is offline   Reply With Quote