The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-01-2018, 01:10 PM   #1
SnS C10

my suburbans alarm system need to go- how?

hey guys so my 86 k20 suburban has the goodwrench vehicle security system alarm. The black box under the dash. I did not get a set of key fobs when i bought the truck. Went to replace the battery and that set the alarm off. Put in a nice stereo cd player and that set the alarm off. Im at the point where i could care less about having this alarm. Is there a way to disable it? It seems to pretty much tied in through the whole truck. Battery, ignition switch, door locks, etc... Can someone help me out on how to disable or uninstall this thing?
SnS C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 05:25 PM   #2
SnS C10

Re: my suburbans alarm system need to go- how?

here are some underdash pictures. Today I was sitting in the suburban with the driver door open for about 15 min straight and the siren chirped. I then tried to start the engine and the alarm went off. Had to run to the back, grab my wrench, run to the front and disable the battery. Very annoying and frustrating I just want it gone
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2018, 06:20 PM   #3
Keith Seymore

Subscribing.

Usually the only person that gets locked out with alarms/passwords/security systems on my stuff is me.

K
1986 - 2019
Intro from an Old Assembly Guy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
My Pontiac story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
Chevelle intro: http://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
Keith Seymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 02:54 AM   #4
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Interesting. I never knew they were even available. Will the truck operate normally if you unplug the white plugs from the main module? If not, maybe just disable the siren? I'd be interested in disabling it if you can without cutting anything. Maybe then you could look for documentation and possibly remotes and see if you could get it working properly.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 02:48 PM   #5
SnS C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Timber View Post
Interesting. I never knew they were even available. Will the truck operate normally if you unplug the white plugs from the main module? If not, maybe just disable the siren? I'd be interested in disabling it if you can without cutting anything. Maybe then you could look for documentation and possibly remotes and see if you could get it working properly.
i have done some research and looked on the internet but havnt found a lot of useful information. Basically if i cut the wrong wire I will disable to whole vehicle. I did read something that said there is a yellow wire that runs down the steering column that splices to a few different wires. Said to cut the splices out and make it just a solid yellow wire and that should disable the alarm and keep the truck working still
Old 03-02-2018, 08:06 PM   #6
SnS C10

I cut the zip ties holding the control box in place. On the back side there was this label that I took a picture of. I do know a few of the wires are being spliced to the fuse block. The two yellow wires for motor and key are coming out of the tick black mess of wires that has electrical tape around it. So what wires should I disconnect, splice, etc...to get my truck back to working order without the alarm system?
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2018, 11:57 AM   #7
SnS C10

for those interested....

the pink and orange wires were spliced into the main harness going to the fuse block. I snipped those two wires at the splice. I proceeded to snip every wire going to the control box. I then joined the solid yellowand yellow/red wires together. Now the truck works like normal without an alarm