The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network







Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2014, 10:17 PM   #26
J Knight
Registered User
 
J Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Baytown TX
Posts: 2,220
Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds Part II

My 82 and my new to me 78.
Attached Images
  
__________________
John
82 Chevy Silverado 350ci/TH350
J Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 11:07 PM   #27
dfrank
Registered User
 
dfrank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 628
Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Knight View Post
My 82 and my new to me 78.
Is the 78 going to be black like the other two chevy's?
dfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:58 AM   #28
J Knight
Registered User
 
J Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Baytown TX
Posts: 2,220
Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrank View Post
Is the 78 going to be black like the other two chevy's?
Lol...I plan on keeping it white but who knows down the road what i might do. I got it to make a daily driver out of it, mostly because my first square was a white 78 GMC back in the mid 80's.
Attached Images
 
__________________
John
82 Chevy Silverado 350ci/TH350
J Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:36 AM   #29
carboncrew
Registered User
 
carboncrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 445
Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by RShook View Post
Nice looking trucks!
Here's my 77.
That's very nice
__________________
________________

My very own build

My tailgating ambulance
carboncrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:01 AM   #30
Rich84
Registered User
 
Rich84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Woodbury, Ct.
Posts: 851
Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86rado View Post
86 Silverado 383 Stroker AFR heads
Very nice...I love the silver and chrome look. Cowl hood looks good too.
Rich84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:35 PM   #31
86rado
Registered User
 
86rado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Marion, Virginia
Posts: 11
Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich84 View Post
Very nice...I love the silver and chrome look. Cowl hood looks good too.
Thank you, the color is actually a gm base wheel color. Me and my son built this truck in 2 years. Thanks again for the compliments. Rich84 your truck looks nice too. Love the silver.
86rado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 01:59 PM   #32
Pura_Cheyenne
Registered User
 
Pura_Cheyenne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Dalton,Georgia
Posts: 12
Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Knight View Post
My 82 and my new to me 78.
nice stance on the 78 man what are the specs on your drop including wheel and tire size, if you don't mind
__________________
Livin' Life With My Standards High,
But With My Chevy Low,
Pura_Cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 05:27 PM   #33
J Knight
Registered User
 
J Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Baytown TX
Posts: 2,220
Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pura_Cheyenne View Post
nice stance on the 78 man what are the specs on your drop including wheel and tire size, if you don't mind
Thanks, its a 4.5/6in drop.
CPP 2.5in drop spindles.
1 round cut off the stock springs.
Flip kit with shock extenders.
15x6.5in van rallys.
215/70/15 tires.
15x10 Wheel Vintiques with 5in back space.
295/50/15 tires.
__________________
John
82 Chevy Silverado 350ci/TH350
J Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:49 AM   #34
CoggedBelt75
Registered User
 
CoggedBelt75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Altus, Oklahoma
Posts: 679
Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds Part II

My old girl



__________________
Joe
__________________________________________
1975 C10

"Questions are a sign of intelligence indicating a desire to eliminate ignorance"
CoggedBelt75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 12:29 PM   #35
SkinnyG
Registered User
 
SkinnyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beautiful BC, Canada, eh?!
Posts: 629
Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds Part II

Are we re-populating this thread with our pictures from the old thread? Should I re-post mine here too?
__________________
The Crusty Chevy - 1977 Silverado, shortboxed & dropped, potato-potato.
The Fiendish Firefly - 5lbs of engine in a 1lb bag.
The Lethal Locost - Street legal roller skate.
SkinnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 02:07 PM   #36
Pura_Cheyenne
Registered User
 
Pura_Cheyenne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Dalton,Georgia
Posts: 12
Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Knight View Post
Thanks, its a 4.5/6in drop.
CPP 2.5in drop spindles.
1 round cut off the stock springs.
Flip kit with shock extenders.
15x6.5in van rallys.
215/70/15 tires.
15x10 Wheel Vintiques with 5in back space.
295/50/15 tires.
Nice man but im currently looking at drop spindles right now, but im wanting to lower my 87 just enough for it not to rub anywhere. Im running 15x8 on 265-70-15. Been really looking at Belltech 3in drop spindles and a DJM 5in flip kit for out back. What do you think, will that clear me from rubbing, what do you think man, really appreciate it
__________________
Livin' Life With My Standards High,
But With My Chevy Low,
Pura_Cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 02:16 PM   #37
J Knight
Registered User
 
J Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Baytown TX
Posts: 2,220
Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pura_Cheyenne View Post
Nice man but im currently looking at drop spindles right now, but im wanting to lower my 87 just enough for it not to rub anywhere. Im running 15x8 on 265-70-15. Been really looking at Belltech 3in drop spindles and a DJM 5in flip kit for out back. What do you think, will that clear me from rubbing, what do you think man, really appreciate it
You might get away with those tires on the rear but you will need a 245/60/15 on the front.
__________________
John
82 Chevy Silverado 350ci/TH350
J Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:43 PM   #38
Pura_Cheyenne
Registered User
 
Pura_Cheyenne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Dalton,Georgia
Posts: 12
Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Knight View Post
You might get away with those tires on the rear but you will need a 245/60/15 on the front.
Really appreciate it man hope it all goes good
__________________
Livin' Life With My Standards High,
But With My Chevy Low,
Pura_Cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:09 PM   #39
bark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 222
Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds Part II

Had it out of the garage the other day, so snapped a pic
Attached Images
 
bark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:38 PM   #40
73Super8
Registered User
 
73Super8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South Charleston,WV
Posts: 139
Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckfan View Post
New project. 1976 Chevy. 250 L6. owned by a school district. 34,000 original miles. purrs like a kitten. gonna "shop truck" it. Watch for a build thread
Awesome! I'd leave the 6 in it. Great find!
73Super8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:36 PM   #41
badchevy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 102
Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pura_Cheyenne View Post
Nice man but im currently looking at drop spindles right now, but im wanting to lower my 87 just enough for it not to rub anywhere. Im running 15x8 on 265-70-15. Been really looking at Belltech 3in drop spindles and a DJM 5in flip kit for out back. What do you think, will that clear me from rubbing, what do you think man, really appreciate it
Here is my 87 with 3" drop Belltech spindles and one coil cut and flip kit out back. I'm running 8" rallies with 255/70s in all four corners. I do rub on hard dips. You are only dropping it 3" so I'm going to say you'll be alright. At a minimum, you'll rub on hard dips only. Since you already have the tires, just do it. You can always buy shorter tires later. Just my 2 cents.


badchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:05 PM   #42
Pura_Cheyenne
Registered User
 
Pura_Cheyenne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Dalton,Georgia
Posts: 12
Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by badchevy View Post
Here is my 87 with 3" drop Belltech spindles and one coil cut and flip kit out back. I'm running 8" rallies with 255/70s in all four corners. I do rub on hard dips. You are only dropping it 3" so I'm going to say you'll be alright. At a minimum, you'll rub on hard dips only. Since you already have the tires, just do it. You can always buy shorter tires later. Just my 2 cents.


I really appreciate it man, finally I found someone with the exact drop Im wanting to go for, If you say that I will clear the 3in drop spindles on hard dips then I'll think I'm gonna go for it, Oh and I need to ask, What size and brand flip kit did you buy for your truck, would really be helpfull. Thanks for the response, and Im really diggin that truck
__________________
Livin' Life With My Standards High,
But With My Chevy Low,
Pura_Cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:20 PM   #43
badchevy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 102
Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pura_Cheyenne View Post
I really appreciate it man, finally I found someone with the exact drop Im wanting to go for, If you say that I will clear the 3in drop spindles on hard dips then I'll think I'm gonna go for it, Oh and I need to ask, What size and brand flip kit did you buy for your truck, would really be helpfull. Thanks for the response, and Im really diggin that truck
The spindles are Belltech and the flip kit is McGaughy's. I also cut half a coil (sorry, I said one coil before) on the front for a 4" drop. Also had to trim the lower control arm to clear the rallies. Out back the flip kit dropped it 6". I left the stock shocks up front but put shorter shocks out back (sorry don't have the p/n for those). I also took off the bump stop with extender off out back and installed a regular 1 1/2" one from the parts store. If you are going to cut the coils too, you are going to get some rubbing on hard bumps.
badchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:56 AM   #44
flamingbig10
6.0 powered square
 
flamingbig10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mesquite texas
Posts: 3,460
Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds Part II

My 80c10 before I wrecked it

Its at the body shop now
__________________
Aaron
1980 c-10 short bed lowered, cammed 6.0, 4l80e 3600 stall, smp tune, wilwoods, and flames best time so far best et 7.86 @87 on motor 7.57 90 on a 75 shot
Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=283326
flamingbig10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:16 AM   #45
riz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: hudson,wi
Posts: 719
MY 81 project



RIZ
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:30 PM   #46
Pura_Cheyenne
Registered User
 
Pura_Cheyenne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Dalton,Georgia
Posts: 12
Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by badchevy View Post
The spindles are Belltech and the flip kit is McGaughy's. I also cut half a coil (sorry, I said one coil before) on the front for a 4" drop. Also had to trim the lower control arm to clear the rallies. Out back the flip kit dropped it 6". I left the stock shocks up front but put shorter shocks out back (sorry don't have the p/n for those). I also took off the bump stop with extender off out back and installed a regular 1 1/2" one from the parts store. If you are going to cut the coils too, you are going to get some rubbing on hard bumps.
Nice, but how exactly do you trim the lower control arm? Sorry but Im 16 with a passion for these squarebodys. Hopefully you can get back to me with more info, would really appreciate it
__________________
Livin' Life With My Standards High,
But With My Chevy Low,
Pura_Cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 10:44 PM   #47
SkinnyG
Registered User
 
SkinnyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beautiful BC, Canada, eh?!
Posts: 629
Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds Part II

Kind of like these. Keep trimming until you stop peeling off the wheel weights or ripping the sidewall rubber:

(I also had to grind a tick off one of the lower ball joints, and actually trimmed a bit more after these pics, because it was still rubbing on harder turns.)



__________________
The Crusty Chevy - 1977 Silverado, shortboxed & dropped, potato-potato.
The Fiendish Firefly - 5lbs of engine in a 1lb bag.
The Lethal Locost - Street legal roller skate.
SkinnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:28 PM   #48
Pura_Cheyenne
Registered User
 
Pura_Cheyenne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Dalton,Georgia
Posts: 12
Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyG View Post
Kind of like these. Keep trimming until you stop peeling off the wheel weights or ripping the sidewall rubber:

(I also had to grind a tick off one of the lower ball joints, and actually trimmed a bit more after these pics, because it was still rubbing on harder turns.)



Really appreciate it man, been wanting to find out for while how you trim the lower control arms
__________________
Livin' Life With My Standards High,
But With My Chevy Low,
Pura_Cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:02 PM   #49
Yak1992
Registered User
 
Yak1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: dallas tx
Posts: 5
Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds Part II

Here's my 76
Attached Images
 
Yak1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:06 PM   #50
Yak1992
Registered User
 
Yak1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: dallas tx
Posts: 5
Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds Part II

More
Attached Images
 
Yak1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1997-2013 67-72chevytrucks.com