The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-29-2002, 04:22 PM   #1
GreenMystChevy

Headers won't fit... frustrated

Another problem, this has probably been t alked about a lot before, but is it true that headers will not fit on my 350 with it in the forward position on the motor mount. It is in the front position in the engine area and I cannot seem to get the headers to fit. Whats the deal? Gettin a little frustrated. Thanks guys.
'72 Nova (Dad's)
'70 Chevelle SS
'55 Sedan Delivery

Attempting to build up this here 4x4...make her real tall and purty...well, maybe just tall
GreenMystChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 04:39 PM   #2
GreenMystChevy

well, i tried them again and i determined that they will not fit. they came out of my buddies thuck that he thinks was in the front position also and i think the main problem is is that he has an automatic and I have a manual. This is real frustrating, now i have to pay more for exhaust and whatnot because i don't think i can do that myself with manifolds. This project of replacing ym 307 with a 350 and trying to do it cheap turned out to be a little bit of a dissappointment because it is harder than I thought and the headers i have won't even work.
'72 Nova (Dad's)
'70 Chevelle SS
'55 Sedan Delivery

Attempting to build up this here 4x4...make her real tall and purty...well, maybe just tall
GreenMystChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 05:12 PM   #3
72Lester
Genuine smartass

I feel your pain. I put headers on my 2WD '72 that had a 350, 4 spd. I had to lift the truck in the air so that I could point the collector of the left header straight down and then literally squeeze it into place. It helps a bunch to remove all of the clutch linkage to put it in (that is if your truck has one). The right side slid right in the same way. The only problem I had after that was that my truck had a dealer installed clutch bracket that wanted to be about an 1/8 inch into the header. I chose to just heat and modify the header. Don't give up......
72Lester is offline   Reply With Quote