The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
jnocero

Which bag brackets?

I need help choosing which bag brackets to buy and how to install to give access to bolts and ports.
I have a 67 C-10, stock crossmember, control arms, and trailing arms.
I think I understand the front setup:
Name:  C10frt-bag-kit[1].jpg
Views: 960
Size:  3.8 KB

Upper plates which bolt in, lower cups which weld in?
Then I need to drill holes to run the air lines out the top somewhere? Is that upper fitting a straight or a 90?

The more confusing part is the rear. I guess I am going to place the bags where the old coil went, on top of the trailing arm.
For the bottom mounts, do I weld a cup onto the top of the arm with the cup facing down, and feed the bag bolts and air line in the small space between the cup and the arm? Or maybe drill the side of the cup for the airline? Do I notch the top of the arm for more space? Anybody got photos of these details? Suicide said I could weld studs to the bottom of the cups and run a bolt down through the arms, but I didn't understand, because there is no bottom on the cup. Am I not getting this?

And on the top of the rear bags, my frame has a flat plate for the old spring seat, and a hole where the old spring retainer was. Can I just drill 2 holes for the bag bolts through the frame, then run the air line up through the old center hole?

Guess I just need to see some photos. Not a lot of this to look at in my town.
jnocero is offline   Reply With Quote