The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-22-2016, 02:00 PM   #1
Mrturner1

Check my work pls :)

Hey guys, some of you know I just got a new Holley double pumper and had some issues with the fuel rail leaking and where to put vacuum lines after swapping from Edelbrock to Holley. Well I think I'm finally done but I'm concerned about three things...

1) Is the fuel filter/lines to close to the two heater hoses? It had old orange and black cracked hoses that were routed wrong so J got new hoses and brass plug for the intake.

2) Is the vacuum advance in the right place? One port above throttle blades, one below. Not sure which is ported and which is manifold but I'd assume the lower one is manifold.

3) I the fuel line routed over the alternator okay the way it is? There's no contact with the alternator.
Attached Images

Mrturner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:01 PM   #2
Mrturner1

Re: Check my work pls :)

Heater hose contact
Attached Images

Old 06-22-2016, 02:02 PM   #3
Mrturner1

Over the alt
Attached Images

Old 06-22-2016, 02:05 PM   #4
Mrturner1

I'm REALLY excited about the startup, but I'm gonna wait until I get some feedback just in case. I've had trouble with this build being my first, with the timing for big cam, right stall, right carb and vacuum leak issues, and the alternator K had wasn't putting out enough idle amperage so that was messing with my tuning ALOT. So it's got a new Holley DP 650, and new Powermaster 105A, and braided fuel lines with a Holley brand rail and gauge, and AN fittings which I've never done before either. I'm pretty stoked! Let me know what you guys think!