The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-04-2015, 11:00 AM   #1
1970pelle

I found a 67 4X4 under a Oak tree.

I don't post here, I have a 86 C20. Yesterday my son and I where out looking for new projects. We heard of a Luv truck just south of the GA. border. So we went looking, we found the truck and more. Tucked under a oak tree a blue short bed,step side, 4X4,1967, small back glass, no fender marker lamps. It has 8 lug wheels, a granny gear 4 speed trans. The owner claimed the 327 was under the pile of trash that filled the bed to the top. But in piece's, I dug around a little bit. Everything I saw in the bed was rusted really bad, looks like years of sitting in the weather.
The cab is rusted out all the way across the top of the windshield. Needs minor floor pan repair. Rocker and cab corner replacement, but not major rust. The front clip and bed are surprisingly good condition, they could be run as is for a while.
They owner told me it has 1 ton axles, but I find anything he said to have truth.
After hearing him talk about the Luv truck that was a total hack job. And the way his place looked and the condition of his 87 C10. These thing tell a lot of a person.

So my reason for this post is, Its a real shame for this truck to be sitting there. I asked if it was for sale. He said make him an offer, during our conversation he stated he was in need of money. So I do believe the truck can be bought. The truck is an Hour and Half drive from my house. I didn't get and pictures. If anyone is seriously interested, I would be willing to help them get a look and contact this owner. But its a type deal you have to have the money in hand.
I don't have anything to gain in this. I don't have the money myself right now to buy it. Or I would.

Ken

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.”
― Ronald Reagan
1970pelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 03:35 PM   #2
WIDESIDE72

Re: I found a 67 4X4 under a Oak tree.

Title? Sounds like a $500, maybe $1000. Truck to me, tops. I had a nice e small window 67 cab a while back that would have been perfect for it, but it's sold.

btw, if it has 8 LUGS axles and is in fact a swb, then they have been swapped in. If in fact "1 ton axles" the rear should be a full floater where the axles by in outside in the wheel center, if it has a drop out center section, it would be an Eaton. If not, it's either a dana 60 or corporate 14 bolt. The front would be a dana 60 if in fact a 1 ton axle, from a later model, as there were no factory 1 ton 4x4 in 67
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote