The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-30-2016, 07:33 PM   #1
TheKorndog

Front bucket seats

Hi all!
I have a line on some low-back buckets, but they are out of a truck. I understand that the passenger blazer seat had a flip forward style bracket. Some of you don't have OEM seats, what did you do as a work around, and does the flip function really matter that much? I would like to allow people to get in and out of the back seat with somewhat ease. Thanks for the input.

Have a safe and happy Halloween!
-K
Stroked L31 & serpentine belt system (97 C1500 donor); K case 4L60e; Fitech GoEFI 4; In Tank retrofitted fuel pump tnk-pa-6; Fitech GoShift controller; 12 bolt Yukon gear posi 3.73 rear diff; NP205; Redhead steering gear; JB Custom Fab NP205 twin sticks
TheKorndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 08:45 PM   #2
60_project

Re: Front bucket seats

Ok so I just pulled stock utility seats from my '70 Blazer I can send you pics if you want to see how the factory brackets on the passenger side work.

I replaced them with seats from a 1999 Sierra extended cab. This is the only year I can find that had integrated seat belts, and the easy access lever. In 2000 I think the 4th door became standard so they no longer needed the easy access option. I can say that they work perfect, when you pull the lever the seat slides all the way forward and the back tilts forward allowing plenty of room for even a reasonable sized adult to acces.

I tried Burban seats and there was no way anyone other than a small child was getting in the back with the top on.
60_project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 09:00 PM   #3
grillzy

With the top off. Easiest entry is step on the tire and over the side.
grillzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 09:24 PM   #4
TheKorndog

Ok so I just pulled stock utility seats from my '70 Blazer I can send you pics if you want to see how the factory brackets on the passenger side work.

If you have them readily available, I would appreciate it.

I replaced them with seats from a 1999 Sierra extended cab. This is the only year I can find that had integrated seat belts, and the easy access lever. In 2000 I think the 4th door became standard so they no longer needed the easy access option. I can say that they work perfect, when you pull the lever the seat slides all the way forward and the back tilts forward allowing plenty of room for even a reasonable sized adult to acces.

This is exactly what I was looking for. I have been scouring the net to look for any kind of bucket that folds forward like the stock application. I know Jeep seats (TJ) slide/fold, but I don't like the way they look, much less how they would look in my classic baby. I don't know that I am in so much need of integrated belts. I almost want to retain the old lap belts.

I tried Burban seats and there was no way anyone other than a small child was getting in the back with the top on.

I have small kids for now, but they grow!

Thank you!
-K
Stroked L31 & serpentine belt system (97 C1500 donor); K case 4L60e; Fitech GoEFI 4; In Tank retrofitted fuel pump tnk-pa-6; Fitech GoShift controller; 12 bolt Yukon gear posi 3.73 rear diff; NP205; Redhead steering gear; JB Custom Fab NP205 twin sticks
TheKorndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 09:50 PM   #5
60_project

Ok so this is the outside of the passenger seat it has a lever you pull in back and hinged mounts in the front.

When you pull the lever it releases from the floor plate, the inside rear of the seat just rests on the floor, essentially the seat mounts in 3 points.

Then here are my new 1999 Sierra extended cab seats note the rear lever this is the easy entry option. Here is the seat all the way back

And here is the seat for rear entry

Last edited by 60_project; 10-30-2016 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Wrong pic
60_project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:26 PM   #6
bL.A.zer90045

Looks great.
bL.A.zer90045 is offline   Reply With Quote