The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2023, 01:40 PM   #1
samert111

New Front lowering spring issue

Installed a set of 2" lowering springs in the front of my 68 C10 and the driver's side spring one of the coils is rubbing on the upper frame pocket hole.

I made sure that the bottom coil end was in the pocket in the lower control arm so I know they are not clocked wrong.

I notice on the OEM springs the ends of the coils are clocked in line with each other but the new springs they are 180 degrees from each other. The upper pig tail end forms a "D" shape and the same "D" shape is stamped into the upper frame spring pocket. The flat part of the D on the spring is supposed to align with the flat in the stamped upper pocket but it's not and that is pulling the spring off center in the upper pocket and causing the rubbing which I can actually hear sometimes.

Called supplier and they are clueless as to what to do. Standard answer is it's always been this way and we've never had a complaint.

All the photos I see for lowered springs they all are made the same way but that could just be a stock photo they use. But the pics of stock height springs all show the ends in line with each other.

Anyone had this same issue and what did you do to resolve it?
Attached Images

samert111 is offline   Reply With Quote