The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-14-2016, 07:00 AM   #1
FLYNAVY30

Classic Car Insurance for those that drive regularly???

Who are you guys using for your insurance? Im having a hard time finding a place that will do a reasonable "agreed value" policy on my Suburban because I put 8-10K miles on it per year. Seems like everyone only wants to insure trailer queens and lawn ornaments.

Thanks!
FLYNAVY30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:46 PM   #2
LuckyScott

Re: Classic Car Insurance for those that drive regularly???

I use J. C. Taylor for mine. I do have another car that I drive everyday, and my agreed value is not very high. I have about 12 cars on the policy and it has been great.
A few years back, I got in a head on collision with a Porsche, and totaled the Porsche, and the driver went to the hospital. I drove home and just had to buy a bumper and a grill. They handled everything and didn't raise my rates. I recommend them highly.
LuckyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:24 PM   #3
highwinger

I have Geico but couldn't get collision since they or anyone else I could find would recognize the market value when it's a daily driver.
highwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:58 PM   #4
4shongo

Grundy, agreed upon value for both my Suburbans. Used them for 8 years now.
4shongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:21 PM   #5
LEEVON

American National, or ANPAC has an agreed value plan that is very lenient with mileage and not as stringent as the others. Says here up to 10K: http://www.anpacchrome.com/main.asp. They are based right here in Springfield, MO. My old neighbor used to run that division before she retired. It still needs to be stored inside and cannot be your primary driver, etc. But you will find that true of all agreed value policies. I personally use them and like the idea that if I have a problem I can go sit in front of somebody (theoretically).
Old 11-03-2016, 02:06 AM   #6
60sIron

I've had State Farm for 40 years. I do a "stated value" policy on my classic's when I used them for daily drivers. I have a fairly good, honest relationship with my agent. She tells me to be prepared to back up your stated value, though a couple of sources. The best but not nesseary an appraisal. Have receipts and pictures. Be honest with the value. I've never had a claim on any of my stated value policies. But if I did I don't think I would've had a problem. I stated values less than actual and the value would've been very easy to back up. But at the same time not lose my butt.......
With most true classic car policies, no only is there mileage limits, but use restrictions......... Read the fine print...... I'd hate to try to collect on a policy for your limited mileage collector car when it's stolen for where you work.......
60sIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 06:47 AM   #7
72freak
Rottenwood Garage Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sIron View Post
I've had State Farm for 40 years. I do a "stated value" policy on my classic's when I used them for daily drivers. I have a fairly good, honest relationship with my agent. She tells me to be prepared to back up your stated value, though a couple of sources. The best but not nesseary an appraisal. Have receipts and pictures. Be honest with the value. I've never had a claim on any of my stated value policies. But if I did I don't think I would've had a problem. I stated values less than actual and the value would've been very easy to back up. But at the same time not lose my butt.......
With most true classic car policies, no only is there mileage limits, but use restrictions......... Read the fine print...... I'd hate to try to collect on a policy for your limited mileage collector car when it's stolen for where you work.......

Stated value and agreed value are two completely different things. Stated means very little at corporate. My state Farm use to do it but they don't anymore in our state. 20 years ago when I wrecked one I had a stated policy with receipts. They still refused to pay and I had to get an attorney involved. Check with your local State Farm to see if it ss offered in your state but ask for agreed value. All of the companies have fine print when it comes to daily drivers so read the policies carefully. Also..BEWARE of Hagertys. They are crooks! Some of the companies listed above to have to daily driver options but there is still fine print.
1972 Chevrolet C-20 Custom Camper "Dump Truck"
1972 Chevrolet C-20 Suburban "Big Green"
1969 Chevrolet C-50 Wedge Hauler "Leonidis"
1966 C-10 2x4 short fleet 327 4 speed "Race Truck"
1952 Plymouth Cranbrook "Rican" (my grandfathers)
1931 Ford Model A Coupe "Black Beauty"
1930 Ford Model A truck "Club Cab" 4x4

Rottenwood Garage and Speed Shop.....where everything must be racy!

It's not just a hobby..It's a LIFESTYLE!!!

Thanks for nothing Barrett-Jackson

You cant fix stupid or teach accountability!

Time wasters, looky Lous and tire kickers are everywhere!
72freak is offline   Reply With Quote