The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2020, 12:19 AM   #1
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Here we go again... The Tumbleweed 69 K10 Shorty

Some of you may have seen mention of this truck in the 67-72 general forum last year. About a year ago I made a deal on this truck with a close friend. In short we agreed originally on a deal of $500. Later the same day he approached me on doing some mechanical work getting an old front end loader running so he could sell it, in return for the truck (aka no cash required) I wasn’t really in a place where I was ready to start working on the truck so I just left it at his place for the time being. Well funny how time flies when your having fun with a wife and two little kids. A little over a year later, I called him up yesterday and asked when he wanted to work on the loader or if he wanted some cash. He said come get the truck and we’ll work on the loader when he’s ready. I’m shooting to go pick the truck up on Friday. He owns a pawn shop that deals with lots of vehicles, equipment, trailers etc. This one went dead pawn long long ago and has been sitting for a good while. It appears to have spent a long time in New Mexico judging by the rear license plate. He believes it’s a 72 and of course I’m an idiot and didn’t take any pictures of the interior when I took these pictures, and I didn’t even really pay attention when I took them to remember if there was a rear view mirror pad, Plastic door panels or vent window screws. The outer grill shell is no help as the blackout and/or ‘71 striping is long faded away. I do know it’s got a later small block with an sm465/205, no ac and the cab appears to have been medium green originally. It didnt appear to have a ton of rust in the floors and supports which is good. Cab roof looked good to. I’m sure it’ll need some lovin but I’m in for the build. I doubt I’ll really start working on this one Too heavily for another year or so. For now I’ll probably do the basics and shoot to get it running and driving and leave it at that for a while since it doesn’t have A Fred Flintstone floor like my K20 did. I haven t seen the spid yet but based on the chrome vent windows and no cargo light I’m gonna assume it’s a 72 custom deluxe, anyone want to make some bets?? I will report back as soon as it’s home. Here we go again with another truck build thread! Here’s a few pictures.
Attached Images

‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote