The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-08-2007, 09:18 AM   #1
oj70chevy
250 V-6 Club

Question in dash DVD ???

Hello, I have a few questions regarding an in-dash DVD player. I have been looking for one for my 02 Silverado and don’t know too much about them. For instance what is a 1 din or 2 din mean? Also what would I need to buy? I see some units that are for just the “brains” what is this? I would like to buy one unit that I install in the dash, hook it up and it plays DVDs, CDs, and the radio with a monitor for the DVDs. Also what do you think about the touch screens? And last BRANDS. I would like to go with a Kenwood or Alpine but what would you prefer if you were looking for one? Also would you ever buy it off eBay or any other website?

Thanks
Ralph
Old 10-08-2007, 10:43 AM   #2
G35MIKE

Re: in dash DVD ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by oj70chevy View Post
Hello, I have a few questions regarding an in-dash DVD player. I have been looking for one for my 02 Silverado and don’t know too much about them. For instance what is a 1 din or 2 din mean? Also what would I need to buy? I see some units that are for just the “brains” what is this? I would like to buy one unit that I install in the dash, hook it up and it plays DVDs, CDs, and the radio with a monitor for the DVDs. Also what do you think about the touch screens? And last BRANDS. I would like to go with a Kenwood or Alpine but what would you prefer if you were looking for one? Also would you ever buy it off eBay or any other website?

Thanks
Ralph
for an o2 silverado you'll need to use a 1 din headunit. Unless you mod the dash to 03-07 to accept a double din size head unit. For more info on what fits your truck visit crutchfield.

some of the older multimedia units came with a "brain", and a monitor. Now from what i've seen, most units are self contained. There are no external brains, just wiring.

If you're looking at 1din headunits, look at the eclipse avn 7000, or IVA-d100. Also you'll need a wiring harness adapter, and a adapter kit that goes from 1.3 din to 1 din.

Last edited by G35MIKE; 10-08-2007 at 10:46 AM.
G35MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 07:08 PM   #3
oj70chevy
250 V-6 Club

Re: in dash DVD ???

Thanks Mike. great info that im sure would of cost me more if i did not know.

ralph