The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-29-2016, 02:21 PM   #1
77blazerchalet
former Chalet owner

My former '77 Blazer Chalet on ebay

Not mine ....... but it used to be. Some of you might remember how I sent my rig packing back in 2010 due to the lack of money to continue restoring it - it ended up languishing with a dealer/broker in Indianapolis for years. Another pair of guys bought it and the 12 others and have been selling 'em off one by one over the last half year. Don't know how I missed the first ebay listing of it a couple of weeks ago, but since the auction winner apparently bailed out of the contract, it is re-listed:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121908974178

Emailed the seller last night, he hasn't updated the listing with my best guess that the mileage is 122k, or my short details about the repairs I had done to it. Sure wish it hadn't been left sitting out in the elements in Indiana for such a long time after I sold it.

Former owner of Chalet #1747. Current caretaker of the very old BlazerChalet.com website.
77blazerchalet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 03:01 PM   #2
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Re: My former '77 Blazer Chalet on ebay

It looks like it's suffered a little bit since you had it. Did it have those seats when you owned it?

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 03:23 PM   #3
77blazerchalet
former Chalet owner

Re: My former '77 Blazer Chalet on ebay

Yep, tragic. I put plenty of elbow grease into shining up the Coleman cooktop so that it looked new-out-of-the-box, among other things. Seats were like that when I got it, really new looking from probably a van conversion shop. With my luck, there are $100 bills stashed under the dinette seat covers. The door map pockets aren't saggy because I had redone the elastic in 'em.

Truck paint had to have been the best original metalflake I've ever seen, where just the fendertops and hood were looking annoyingly thin. There were only 1" or so diameter rust bubbles at the bottom of the fender corners, and the frame was so rust-free you could still read the GM factory greasepencil writing on the frame. Such vehicles should never be left out sitting in the rain and snow.
Former owner of Chalet #1747. Current caretaker of the very old BlazerChalet.com website.
77blazerchalet is offline   Reply With Quote