The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-13-2017, 07:33 PM   #1
oldbritishcarnut

Inner cowl patch panels that actually fit

I thought I'd share my experience with Absolute Sheet Metals AD inner cowl panels. I had purchased patch panels from one of the normal vendors but I was seriously disappointed in the fit. I ran across Absolute Sheet Metals website and decided to give them a try, the photo on the web page looked like they had the correct bend at the bottom. I purchased the full panels @ $70 each but I feel they are worth the extra cost. I had already replaced the full floor and firewall on my '50 and the driver side fit without any mods. I've also attached pictures comparing the passenger side panels.
Attached Images

Last edited by oldbritishcarnut; 03-13-2017 at 07:42 PM.
oldbritishcarnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:54 AM   #2
abig84

Re: Inner cowl patch panels that actually fit

I bought a cab corner and lower outer cowl section from LMC (the part with the 4 holes where the fender bolts too) and both of them had goofy issues where they meet the door jam area. Nothing you can't fix but sucks to have to mess with something new. Glad you found something that actually fit
abig84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:11 AM   #3
mr48chev

Re: Inner cowl patch panels that actually fit

Absolute sheet metal is the old *****en products line. High quality products with a new name.

good to know that OBCN 30 bucks difference seems like a lot until it saves you half your day off from the paying job when you are working on the truck project. The other fit after you make them fit but for some of us myself included project time is precious and three or four hours to make something fit right uses up all that weeks project time.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote