The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-18-2018, 11:44 AM   #1
txagincali

New Guy - Real busy, lots of projects

Hello everyone,

Long time lurker turned active member. I've got a whole bunch of interesting projects in the works and many of which fit perfectly into this site.

I've already begun the rebuild of my 69 C10 SWB stepside pickup with an LQ4/4L80E swap.

I've recently picked up a 1969 C-50 former Fire Truck that's been converted to a utility truck in a past life that will be taking on another conversion to an ample sized pickup on 10 lug axles.

And I've got a lifted 1972 K5 Blazer that has been put in the back of the shop until I can have enough time to get to it.

Those are at least 3 of the projects that are fitting to this site but many others include 1940's International Harvester pickups, Tri-fives, A-Bodies, newer truck projects, motorcycles, etc.

I hope to keep learning and absorbing as much as I can from this forum and will start a few build threads as time goes on. Also I'll try and post a few pictures when I can access photobucket (ie not at work)
1972 GMC K5 Blazer 4x4 (sporadically being worked on, accumulating parts)
txagincali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 03:48 PM   #2
Super73Cheyenne

Re: New Guy - Real busy, lots of projects

Hello, I'm working on a 1973 Cheyenne super10 . I took out the 454. It needs rebuilding. I'm building a 427 tall deck. I have read how this is a dead horse being kicked around here. I'm keeping mine stock for cost efficiency for now. Its a 4bolt main/marine truck.block. I have read that stock tall decks don't like going over 4,ooorpm. I plan on doing road course & street use. Pics upon request.
Super73Cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 04:17 PM   #3
txagincali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super73Cheyenne View Post
Hello, I'm working on a 1973 Cheyenne super10 . I took out the 454. It needs rebuilding. I'm building a 427 tall deck. I have read how this is a dead horse being kicked around here. I'm keeping mine stock for cost efficiency for now. Its a 4bolt main/marine truck.block. I have read that stock tall decks don't like going over 4,ooorpm. I plan on doing road course & street use. Pics upon request.
Hey Super Cheyenne,
I don't think this is the best spot to get advice on that setup, but you kind of answered it yourself with running a heavy, low RPM big block motor, you might not get the performance you want when running a road course. A cammed Aluminum headed SBC would likely yield similar HP but over a greater RPM range more suitable for a road course vehicle, not to mention the few hundred pound savings up front.
My C50 came with the 292 so I can't attest to the tall deck 427, but do a quick search on Finnegan and Freiburger and his take on the C40/C50 dump truck with the tall deck 427s.
Best of luck!
Old 01-19-2018, 12:24 PM   #4
mongocanfly
Post Whore

welcome ......sounds like you've got a lot going on......don't waste your time with photosuckit...nobody can see them...you can put your pictures right straight to this site.....http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...sting+pictures
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 01:12 PM   #5
txagincali

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
welcome ......sounds like you've got a lot going on......don't waste your time with photosuckit...nobody can see them...you can put your pictures right straight to this site.....http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...sting+pictures
Well I'll be damned, shows how long it has been since I've uploaded pics to a forum. Thanks Mongo! And yes I've run across many threads that have lost their 3rd party link right in the middle of some great builds, definite bummer.
Old 01-19-2018, 01:53 PM   #6
txagincali

Here are a few pics of the current projects. Most of these pictures were taken "as they came" and don't look like this any longer...
Attached Images

Old 01-19-2018, 09:42 PM   #7
mongocanfly
Post Whore

that gmc stepper looks sweet..

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 12:09 AM   #8
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Welcome to the est truck forum on the planet. You will get a lot out of your $25.00.

If you need any gauge cluster work on any of your projects, let me know.

Have fun,
Tom

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote