The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-12-2017, 01:43 PM   #1
ct67_72

Not so new, new guy from Ct.

Ive been a member for a little while but havent posted much.
Quick back story, or at least Ill try and make it that way, about 67-72 trucks and me.

I grew up in a car family, as a car guy and when I got to high school there were 2 guys above me with c10s, a 68, and a 69 and I fell in love instantly. I bought my first truck at 15-16 and tore it apart only to find it was one of the most hacked things I have seen to date. From then, until I finished high school I owned probably 10 trucks, with one shortbed fleetside going into a comnplete frame off restoration at a friends house as I grew up in an apartment.

Well after a while, his parents decided I couldnt keep my truck there any longer, and having no where to keep it, I sold it. Since then I have had a couple, but never could afford one that was ready to drive.

I thought I came close about a year aago buying a very solid long bed for a great price that needed a tune up and a bit of work. Once I had it running good though, it had a knock, and needed an engine. I bought a 5.3 and everything I needed to swap it, and after almost 4 months of going untouched I finally gave up and sold it, knowing Id never have time.

Fast forward to this year. Im 33, and its been 17-18 years since my first truck, and I have yet to drive one on the street.
My Fiance on a day off decides to start sending me craigslist ads for trucks and I saw one that was everything I want. She talked me into it, and we were off on a 800 mile trip to buy it.

So for the first time in this long I actually have a shortbed, fleetside, truck that I can drive!

It feels amazing, and I almost cant believe it finally happened.

The truck is a 68 C10 from Tennessee/North Carolina area and is very solid. Original floors, floor supports, cab corners and some questionably replaced rockers, but original inners.
Someone attempted some Fouxtina on it and didnt do a great job, but it makes for a nice driver.
Engine is a fresh 350, .030 over, healthy cam, Performer EPS intake and street avenger carb. Very simple but it sounds great and runs good.
Th350 and as far as I can tell 3.73's in the rear.

I will be upgrading the suspension, interior and some other pieces as time and budget permit but in the meantime, Im driving it!

I have also registered as a vendor. I own a company that retails aftermarket drivetrain parts. Gears, lockers/limited slips/ axle shafts etc. and am looking forward to helping out with that as well.

Then there is this. My other project that takes most of my time and money. Which is close to being done so I can play with the truck a little

Last edited by ct67_72; 05-12-2017 at 01:49 PM.
ct67_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 12:44 AM   #2
68bowtie

Re: Not so new, new guy from Ct.

beautiful truck! original paint?? i love the 503 green. i understand where you're coming from. i am 36, took me about 15 years from the time i started getting into these trucks to when i finally had one of my own in roadworthy condition. after all that time owning projects (parts laying around) i swore i wouldn't do anything to this truck that would keep me off the road for more than 2 weeks. that lasted about 2 months... lol!

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:03 AM   #3
ct67_72

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68bowtie View Post
beautiful truck! original paint?? i love the 503 green. i understand where you're coming from. i am 36, took me about 15 years from the time i started getting into these trucks to when i finally had one of my own in roadworthy condition. after all that time owning projects (parts laying around) i swore i wouldn't do anything to this truck that would keep me off the road for more than 2 weeks. that lasted about 2 months... lol!
Ha! thats what Im afraid of. I want to rip it apart and go through it and I have to keep telling myself its been 18 years. Drive it and enjoy it. BUT I still have LS swap mounts, a complete fuel system and some other stuff upstairs in the garage...

Paint is not original, but one of my favorite colors. Someone tried to do a patina job on it. Looks like it was put together from a few trucks, i believe the cab, bed, both fenders, and at least one door are all from different trucks from their base colors. But its solid.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:28 PM   #4
0608272c-10

Welcome awesome truck!! I also have a 503 green truck from Washington state. Im local to you up in Enfield.
0608272c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:15 AM   #5
ct67_72

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0608272c-10 View Post
Welcome awesome truck!! I also have a 503 green truck from Washington state. Im local to you up in Enfield.
Oh nice! You arent too far at all. Are you going to any of the upcoming shows?