The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-17-2008, 01:11 AM   #1
70GMCer

wiw 96 burb

This is my sons burb and we are going to be selling it. Not sure whether to sell whole or part it out. The dash caught fire and it will need all new wiring inside as well as a dash & windshield. I'm sure that other damage happen elsewhere because of the fire. The engine is a reman 350 Vortec with a rebuilt 4l60 trans. This is 4wd burb. He is going to be making a long list of all the new things he put into this, including all new exhaust w/cats/sensors, brakes w/slotted & cross drilled rotors, etc. Damn shame, it's a really nice burb, (or was) but he doesn't have the time or money to invest. So, he's going to take a BIG lost on this. Any input on what to sell this for?
Attached Images

1965 Mustang
70GMCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:49 PM   #2
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

Re: wiw 96 burb

I can't tell in the pictures, but is the mirror switch ok? GM has had many issues with the switches on those shorting out and catching fire. If that was the source of the fire they will repair his truck for free, I've personally repaired one for the same reasons. They had a recall on 97s, but some 96s have the same issues. Thats not too bad of a fix if you can find a parts truck. Hardest part is GM sued a few different wiring harnesses in those years and unless you find the exact one for your truck you'll be doing some wiring.....

Hard to say what it's worth for sure, probably worth more parted out than complete though...
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:10 PM   #3
70GMCer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
I can't tell in the pictures, but is the mirror switch ok? GM has had many issues with the switches on those shorting out and catching fire. If that was the source of the fire they will repair his truck for free, I've personally repaired one for the same reasons. They had a recall on 97s, but some 96s have the same issues. Thats not too bad of a fix if you can find a parts truck. Hardest part is GM sued a few different wiring harnesses in those years and unless you find the exact one for your truck you'll be doing some wiring.....

Hard to say what it's worth for sure, probably worth more parted out than complete though...
Thanks for that info Josh. I don't know if my son knows about that recall or not. He never did find out what caused that fire. I told him he'd most likely recoup more money if he parted this out. Thing is, I told him I don't want this hanging around in the driveway too long.......At least I'm out in the country, so no neighbors to complain.

1965 Mustang
Old 03-18-2008, 03:24 AM   #4
70GMCer

Update......Well, he lucked out and sold the whole burb today for $2500. I'd say he was lucky to get that much.

1965 Mustang