The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-19-2015, 06:24 PM   #651
67c10rustbuket

Re: Rustbuket 67 build "Georgia"

To finish off the accessories I decided to change over to an OE type non ac setup. This meant just buying a ribbed pulley and a new belt which I needed anyway. I did however need a spacer, bolt and washer so back to LKQ for the goods. Here is the ribbed idler pulley with the LKQ yard spacer,washer, and bolt ready to install. the spacer and hardware is the same for smooth or ribbed idlers if you need one.

I installed the upper intake and throttle body and while at LKQ I picked an S10 4.3 intake hat to replace that disgusting GMT vortec box thing and swap sides with my intake. I ordered a cheap Ebay S10 cold air intake kit also, just waiting on the brown truck to deliver that. Here are a few pics as she sits now.

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:33 PM   #652
es67chevy

That is a strange looking EFI. 'Spider' is a good term for it.

So no A/C in wonderfully hot and humid OK? You are tougher than me.

Great to see some progress again, though!

1967 C10 SWB
383 Stroker/TH400
Brother's One Piece Power Windows
Shaved Doors, Markers, and Bumpers
4/6 Early Classic Drop
Rear Fuel Tank (49-52 Chevy Car Tank)
Surf Blue Paint

Bella Vista, AR (Arkansas for those that get the 'A' states mixed up)

My Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=330869
es67chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 04:07 PM   #653
made2drag

nice build!
made2drag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:56 PM   #654
DD1

Hey Dan,

What's going on? Your last post was in April! How's everything going?

-Darien
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 01:25 PM   #655
kehstr

is this truck still being worked on? it's like you fell off the face of the earth
kehstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:37 PM   #656
67c10rustbuket

Quote:
Originally Posted by es67chevy View Post
That is a strange looking EFI. 'Spider' is a good term for it.

So no A/C in wonderfully hot and humid OK? You are tougher than me.

Great to see some progress again, though!
Yeah that goofy spider is what all the "vortec" 96-98 trucks got, the ones everyone wants the "vortec" heads from. I would love AC but that will be a much later addition. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by made2drag View Post
nice build!
Thanks, I dig your square!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD1 View Post
Hey Dan,

What's going on? Your last post was in April! How's everything going?

-Darien
Slow goin' D.. very slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehstr View Post
is this truck still being worked on? it's like you fell off the face of the earth
Yes it is but rather slowly and not very consistently though. I have my cold air intake complete, installed radiator and rad hoses, made some hard lines for fuel from the rear and a few other things. I will try to get my pics together and post a real update this weekend. Things have just been very busy with two small ones around here. I'm preoccupied with potty training, soccer practice, swimming lessons and trying to keep the little guy from breaking all my sunglasses and preventing them (and myself) from killing each other . I have been collecting parts and getting rid of some old stuff and getting ready for some big progress soon.

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
Old 06-17-2016, 09:32 PM   #657
DD1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket View Post
Slow goin' D.. very slow!
Hey Dan, glad to hear you are still around and kicking, even if you are kicking slowly.

I have been distracted with a bunch of stuff going on myself, but am hoping to get back to it in the next couple of weeks.

Hope everyone is doing well. Hope to see some pics and progress soon.

-Darien
Old 04-30-2017, 01:57 AM   #658
fakerwade

Dang Dan,,, nice work on the exhaust!!! Are you going to be in the Lewiston Idaho area any time soon?? I could use a little help on my exhaust!! What made you choose Flowmaster mufflers? looks like it's been a while since any new updates,, any news on the latest??
Build thread "TANGERINE" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=498570

Board Members Met: bigblock68, ol_skool_chevy ,68TT,atvpro
fakerwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:02 PM   #659
DD1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakerwade View Post
Dang Dan,,, nice work on the exhaust!!! Are you going to be in the Lewiston Idaho area any time soon?? I could use a little help on my exhaust!! What made you choose Flowmaster mufflers? looks like it's been a while since any new updates,, any news on the latest??
I have been wondering what's going on with Dan as well! It's been almost a year since he has posted.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:43 PM   #660
67c10rustbuket

Still here...

So this is where is started with the passenger side rot.

Rusty **** box.

With that all cut back out of the way I began to fit up the outer floor extension. I reall couldn't ask for a better fit.

This time I cut around the hump because it doesn't match up too well with the OE floor. Also had to open up the seatbelt attaching home quite a bit. Still a great fit compared to the other side of the truck.

With that all lined up I prepped the outer floor by removing the black EDP off all mating surfaces and edges to be welded. I applied UPol copperweld to all overlapping surfaces once sanded.

Next up I sand blasted and sand blasted and blasted some more. That crap was in my ears and nose and everywhere. Once blasted clean, I coated the cab supports with Eastwood rust encapsulated and again used Upol copperweld on all overlapping surfaces.

Burning the floor edge in. I plug welded it to the cab supports but I didn't get a pic before sanding those smooth.

Making it smooth. Grind, sand, sand. Gotta love those Roloc disks!

Almost done.

There she is. Good as it's going to get for a floor.

A little primer to keep from flash rusting.

Next up the rear pillar or "b" pillar. This part is awful. I had to slice and dice and flatten and reform and talk dirty to get this piece into submission. Grrr.

Back side of the b pillar.

Needs to be finish welded across the seam but done for the moment.

Moving on to the kick panel.

Here's what's left of the "a" pillar, blasted clean.

Once again, sanding all mating surfaces to plug weld and coated with copperweld primer. The kick panel is a pretty good fitting patch. No big complaints there. Well one complaint. The kick panel fits great by itself, the "a" pillar seems to fit great by itself but the kick panel and "a" pillar do not fit together very well with one another.

I am going to have to do some serious cowl repair and pull the firewall back in. It had a gap at this seam from the factory. Or at least since I got it. You could see how the spotwelds pulled the metal across the gap. There were big gaps between each spot weld.

Here she is welded in. I did not weld it to the firewall yet, I have to whip up a patch to fill in above this piece and part of the cowl.

Now I am fighting the "a" pillar. It is giving me hell so far. I cut it down but it sticks too far out, like it's too tall. I sliced it vertically so I can get the hinge mount surface to sit flush. I am almost satisfied with it and hope to have it burned in soon. Here an early test fit pic. It appears to fit well in the picture...

I will say that the rocker panel is a great fit in every test fit so far.

I guess I didn't upload a whole side view with the rocker clamped on. I will get one uploaded later.

Old 05-13-2017, 10:51 PM   #661
67c10rustbuket

Quote:
Hey Dan, glad to hear you are still around and kicking, even if you are kicking slowly.

I have been distracted with a bunch of stuff going on myself, but am hoping to get back to it in the next couple of weeks.

Hope everyone is doing well. Hope to see some pics and progress soon.

-Darien
I'm still working just real slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakerwade View Post
Thanks Wade, I though it turned out pretty well for a first timer. I probably should have cut a few small sections to practice welding on before jumping right in. Some of my exhaust welds are what I would call a "dead worm" laying on pipe. The mufflers are IMCO race muffler, a flowmastercknock off that I pulled of a truck I scrapped a few years ago. The were pretty new when I pulled them and had a nice tone. I intentionally flanged the mufflers incase they are too loud or I'm getting too old. That way I could weld flanges on a quiet set and swap them out if needed.

Quote:
I have been wondering what's going on with Dan as well! It's been almost a year since he has posted.
Mostly working, raising kids, and I spend most of my free time in the gym nowadays.

Old 05-13-2017, 10:54 PM   #662
67c10rustbuket

I have other updates but let's stick with getting the cab squared away first before getting back to the drivetrain.

Old 05-13-2017, 11:38 PM   #663
oldman3

Dan, rust repair is a bear, but you are doing a great job. Will look just like new when your done...Jim

Last edited by oldman3; 05-14-2017 at 09:19 AM.
oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 08:28 AM   #664
Procurement_man

Glad to see some progress, if you want some help you know how to get a hold of me.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:41 PM   #665
mcbassin
Still Learning

What's up Dan? Good to see you still have Georgia. Nice work on the rust repair.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:08 PM   #666
DD1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket View Post
I'm still working just real slow.

Mostly working, raising kids, and I spend most of my free time in the gym nowadays.
Well, it's good to hear from you. Looking forward to hopefully seeing some updates sometime soon. Glad you are doing well.