The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-29-2017, 05:44 PM   #1
Cwando

65 chevy truck

Hi I just recently aquired a 65 chevy truck.I was told it was a k-10 but had a k-20 axle. I strictly got this vehicle to flip it to someone who can restore it, I've had it for a coupLe of months now just sitting.I started doin some research on the vehicle checking out the vin well it seems that it's not a k -10, but a c-10 so I'm assuming the k-20 axle I was told that's on on it is the front axle? Making it to be 4 wheel drive? I don't no I'm not to familiar with vehicles to answer that. Oh it gets even more interesting, the vin matches up to the vin of a 64 chevy not the vin of a 65 chevy but the pink says 65, I no that some vehicles after a certain month even though there stated as example a 01 will be considered an 02, is that the same with the older chevys?an to add to that my vin matches up completely with what's on the pink to what's on the vin itself on the truck which is located on the drivers side door up high were they say a 65 vin should be,but why is the vin match up to a 64? An then on the 6th space on the vin were it let's u no were the vehicle was assembled there's the letter"H" well chevy didn't have an assembly plant with the letter "H" but the 1960-66 gmc's have an assembly plant with the letter "H" which was oakland but my truck isn't a gmc it's a Chevy ...confused as heck. .please any help
Cwando is offline   Reply With Quote