The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 07+ Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-01-2018, 02:40 PM   #1
Dad's72

2015 Silverado Trany Fluid Change

Hey y’all. I have hit 45K miles on my 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 5.3L. It is time to do the scheduled automatic transmission fluid/filter change. I talked to the dealership because this is the newest vehicle I have ever owned. They said they would give me a $10 discount and do it for $229.00. I asked if they flushed the fluid and they said that has proven to cause damage so all they do is drop the pan, change the filter, and top off. I figure if that is all they do then I can do that.
My question to y’all that have done this on these trucks before is this, is it possible to do with the exhaust in the way? I saw a guy use a jack and pry a piece of metal to move the exhaust down enough to get the pan out. Do y’all think that could ruin the seal between the manifold and exhaust pipes?
Next question: I changed the fluid in an older highlander and I attached a long piece of hose to the cooler line and started the car up. This pushed out more than half the fluid. Do y’all think that hurts the transmission?

Thanks. Open to suggestions. Trying to do it this weekend in the driveway. I need to find out which filter and what fluid I will need. Thinking about getting the stuff from the dealership.
Attached Images

Dad's72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:05 PM   #2
Dad's72

Re: 2015 Silverado Trany Fluid Change

My truck looks a little different now. I removed the bug shield and the weathertech splash guards from the front and rear wheel wells. I think it looks a lot better now.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:12 PM   #3
Hart_Rod

Did you change your transmission fluid yourself? How did it go?
Hart_Rod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:46 PM   #4
Dad's72

I'm leaving work now to pick up the filter and fluid. Going to tackle it in the morning. I'll try to remember to take pics of the process to post. Looks like I'll have to remove the transmission mount and jack up the tail of it slightly to get the pan off. Or...I measured and a piece of 2x4 fits between the exhaust and the cross member to push it down slightly using a jack and the wood as a fulcrum.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:25 PM   #5
Rob#2

I need to do this as well, so any pictures you can provide will be helpful.
Rob#2 is offline   Reply With Quote