The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The pre 1947 Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-01-2015, 02:25 PM   #1
ebruns1

1940 Chevy PU/S10 frame swap?

Greetings fellas!

Just unloaded my 1930 Model A and came home with a new project! My problem...have most sheet metal but no frame. I would like to find a donor S10 frame, V6 engine and trans complete to use as is. I want to keep the original dash instruments from the '40. I don't want to lower, raise, bag, channel...in other words a vintage shop truck on the outside, modern engine and ride on the inside with little fuss.

My question for those who have gone before: What year S-10 would make the best donor for this project? Looking for the least amount of custom fabrication possible. Any recommendations from the experts would be greatly appreciated. Most of the threads seem to be focused on swapping V8's and lowering etc...what's wrong with the original stock V6 and trans on the S10's if you are not looking for a rat? Would I be able to fit everything in the front cowl and original radiator support? Seems most problems I've read arise from lowering and clearances...

PS- prob looking at RC 108 wb or 117.9 wb, but doesn't matter since it will have a flat bed on the rear.

Thanks for any input folks, I'm open to all suggestions. Can't wait to get started!!!
ebruns1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 06:55 PM   #2
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: 1940 Chevy PU/S10 frame swap?

just stumbled upon this post and can't help but wonder how did it all turn out, what did you learn, any pics to share?
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote