The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2015, 02:46 PM   #1
Cuttin up

My 54 s10 build

Hello all. Ive lurked on here for a while and picked up a lot of tips and tricks involving these trucks and s10 frame swaps. There is so much info on here its amazing.

Anyway, I figured i would start a build thread for my truck. Ive been working on it for 4 years now off and on (life happens, kiddo, etc) so this will probably be painfully slow but I hope to get it done sooner than later. The story starts with me needing a little truck to do errands (lowes, trash to the dump, etc) but still be a badass ride. I searched locally and found a 54 3100 a couple hours north of me for a good deal. I had seen the s10 switch over and decided thats the route for me. Ive always played with cars and was heavy into s10s in my mini truck days so it seemed natural.

The truck lived its entire life before me on a farm in Caroline, VA and its very believable that it only has 12,000 miles on it. It was ordered without the bed and the flat bed on it was built for it after it was bought. I thought it was odd that its a corner window truck with no bed, why would someone spend the money on the "fancy" cab but no bed? Its still cool none the less. Ill post some pics as i find them to catch up to its current level. The s10 frame/suspension is done, ready for the cab to be set on and mounts mocked up. My next step is to pull the 54 apart to get the cab off.
Attached Images

Cuttin up is offline   Reply With Quote