The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2017, 11:17 PM   #1
ibbowhunting

47 3100 S10 SWAP need your input

OK, Ive been doing some reading and gathering parts and donors heres what I'm starting with

47 Chevy 3100 mostly a complete shell
78-350 SBC /350 turbo I pulled it from a truck of mine at least 5 yrs ago and in needs a rebuild
1994 GMC S15 long box regular cab 2wd 2.2 manual
2000 Chevy S10 Blazer 2 door, 2 wheel drive with what looks to be 2/2 drop installed, 4.3l, 200,000 miles, guess 4l60e
code 504 swap kit,( I didn't buy it came with the truck as a package deal)
4x4 blazer rear end
700r4 ( still looking)

So what should I keep from the blazer? Other then the front spindles,the bigger brake set up and the drop blocks? is the master cylinder different? Should I install the blazer master cylinder set up vs the one from my donor truck? The rear end in not ideal from the 2 wheel drive blazer, right? Front and rear sway bars? how about the gas tank? It sits between the frame rails behind the rear end any body used one? how about the 4l60e, I'm I better off finding a 700r4 and not messing with a computer? I'm also planning of keeping the serpentine belt drive from the 4.3 for the 350

Any idea what the ride height would be like? the body kit says it sit 2 1/2 lower then stock which I really have no idea what height that is, so if I put in the 2" drop in the chassis that would put me at 4.5" lower then stock any idea if thats dragging on the ground or roughly the front bumper height would end up like?

both donors are 1994 or newer is it worth saving the wiring harness from either or is buying a 12 circuit harness just a whole lot easier and cleaner

any of the a/c parts useable?

I will be grabbing the steer column, gas petal from one of the two donors

thanks for your input in advance
ibbowhunting is offline   Reply With Quote