The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-14-2018, 12:59 PM   #1426
davischevy

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
We had a house full at my Mom's yesterday for an "ice cream social" as she and dad like to call it. A barbeque lunch and 3 gallons of home made ice cream. We don't hand crank them anymore but it is still as good as ever.
I haven't seen a hand crank ice cream maker in a while.

When I come down do I need to bring my Chevyland hat so we can go out to lunch?

The weather was rotten here. I went out back and pulled a couple of core supports for powder coating and then it started raining so I went in and did body work on the K10 bed for awhile.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 04:44 PM   #1427
Boog
laying low

Oh man. When I was a kid the hand crank freezers were all there was. We would buy block ice and chip it ourselves then take turns cranking on it. I'm told you can still buy a hand crank one but who'd want one, ya know.
It started raining here while we were making ic but we were inside the garage.
Haha, yeah on our hats.

My mom also made a lot of quilts over the years. I have a few. Her last one was made of patterns my grandmother had made as well as my mom's.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:30 PM   #1428
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
I have been reading back on this thread a bit. Pretty entertaining. Just one observation.. general discussion is a forum made for off topic general posts, like life, jokes etc? So isnt a facebookesk post in a general forum essentially a general discussion thread in a general discussion forum, instead of just posting daily?
I guess to be accurate it's Facebook-like, an imitation Facebook flavored processed truck forum thread. But this is Facetruck anyway, a whole new thing... a new trend!!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 08:01 PM   #1429
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

This talk of quilts hits home around here. My wife's mother was a quilter before her eyesight got too bad (she's 91). She also had quilts stored everywhere. My wife makes quilts and gives most of them away to her friend's grandchildren, or to other friends. She's the "third grandmother", since my sons have as yet not seen fit to spawn. We have quilts for the seasons, quilts for no reasons, quilts everywhere.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 08:04 PM   #1430
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
since my sons have as yet not seen fit to spawn. [/I].
I got a laugh out of that one. Our fourth grandchild is in the oven.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:24 PM   #1431
Indian113

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
I got a laugh out of that one. Our fourth grandchild is in the oven.
Wait until your Grand Kids are Having Kids! Then you Know just how old you really are.
Indian113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 08:44 PM   #1432
davischevy

I can wait. Our oldest granddaughter is 13, so I hope I'm well into my seventies before I'm looking at GGrandkids..

She has a track in the pasture where she practices driving in the 54,000 mile C10 I bought here. I figure it's better to let her practice there for a couple of years. I need to slow her down some. The speed gene was a bad one to pass down. I feel like a hypocrite telling her she's driving too fast.

Old 10-15-2018, 12:02 AM   #1433
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
I can wait. Our oldest granddaughter is 13, so I hope I'm well into my seventies before I'm looking at GGrandkids..

She has a track in the pasture where she practices driving in the 54,000 mile C10 I bought here. I figure it's better to let her practice there for a couple of years. I need to slow her down some. The speed gene was a bad one to pass down. I feel like a hypocrite telling her she's driving too fast.
Pff. Adjust the throttle linkage to limit it. As she gains proficiency, you can adjust it for full throttle. Who doesn't want a grand-daughter who knows how to drift in a curve!? Just don't make her drive on a tilled field with all those furrows. Come on, at least make her keep that cell phone out of her ear when she's driving.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 12:43 AM   #1434
special-K
Special Order

I started out in fields... snuck out on the road some, too. My grand daughter is 13, too. My grandson (3) and daughter came up today and we went for a pumpkin to carve. Took a wagon ride around the farm where I buy produce. They gave a hay ride around the farm
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 10-15-2018, 11:18 AM   #1435
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Pff. Adjust the throttle linkage to limit it. As she gains proficiency, you can adjust it for full throttle. Who doesn't want a grand-daughter who knows how to drift in a curve!? Just don't make her drive on a tilled field with all those furrows. Come on, at least make her keep that cell phone out of her ear when she's driving.
Her mother practiced in the pasture too. When her mother turned 16 in 1993, I bought her a 1991 Camaro. About two months in she was at the car wash one Friday night and when she pulled out she was showing out for her boyfriend, (now husband) did a 180 and backed It over a bank into a chain link fence at the softball field with people sitting in bleachers on the other side.

I told my friend at the body shop to take his time. She could drive a big block 71 C10 (Pretty damn nice truck) I had. She thought she was being tortured. Her boyfriend, on the other hand thought it was cool.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:29 PM   #1436
davischevy

39 people viewing :General Discussion" just now. That's the most I've seen In a while.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:33 PM   #1437
Boog
laying low

They all came for the hayride!
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 10:59 PM   #1438
special-K
Special Order

They heard internet forums are the next trend.

Tim

Old 10-16-2018, 11:02 PM   #1439
davischevy

Three sets of extreme bends on Ebay right now. I bought my 72 Cheyenne new for less than the total of those three sets.

Old 10-16-2018, 11:02 PM   #1440
Killer Bee

I'm jealous, this is the only kind of hay ride I ever got..

Old 10-16-2018, 11:26 PM   #1441
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
I'm jealous, this is the only kind of hay ride I ever got..

My grandmother died when my dad was a little boy and he was raised by his grandparents along with a cousin the same age that had also lost his mother.

When the orphans were about 14, they got in some of the relatives hooch one night and got inebriated.

They next morning greatgrandpa rolled them out before daylight to put up hay. My dad was on a rake behind a team of horses when the nausea took over he rolled off the seat to call Ralph. He said he was on all fours puking his guts out and looked and GGP was sitting there on his horse.

My dad said it was the only time he ever remembered seeing him smile.

Old 10-16-2018, 11:31 PM   #1442
davischevy

You ain't foolin' me Killer. You can't wait to get back on that tractor.

Old 10-16-2018, 11:40 PM   #1443
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

I had to buy a bunch of parts for my sons truck today. Normally I would be peeved but I really enjoyed his visit. I'm a happy guy right now.....

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:47 PM   #1444
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
I had to buy a bunch of parts for my sons truck today. Normally I would be peeved but I really enjoyed his visit. I'm a happy guy right now.....

Old 10-17-2018, 06:52 AM   #1445
special-K
Special Order

I didn't expect a hay ride. No big occasion, just run out to Knill's farm and let Gus pick a pumpkin... already brought in from the field at the produce market, which is back on the farm. They always have a pair of goats penned and some chickens there, too, just for the kids. Never noticed the play box. They said it needed more corn. Seemed just nice for 'working it'.

The main lane in off the state hwy is also the entrance to a church next door. You come to a closed gate and hook left onto their lane. I knew the town uses the lan straight back behind the gate to access a water or sewage treatment facility or related thing. But the wagon ride went down there (part way) and I came to realize it's an old RR grade. Mt. Airy came to be as a whistle stop originally when the train (original B&O mainline) had to cross Parr's Ridge. I asked Mr. Knill about it and he said this grade was put in while they built the new tunnel in line with the original right of way. Shoot a straight line across the state rd over the ridge into town and you come to the freight depot on Main St. where the track crosses. Just learned another big thing about the area history all these people moving here have no clue about. People don't even know there is a tunnel, a long for the east tunnel. I've been told it is the longest tunnel east of the Mississippi.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...PaNAWBU-ecnpbK

Tim

Old 10-17-2018, 10:11 AM   #1446
flashed

Tim ,that grandson of yours sure is a handsome little fellow and he sure loves his GrandPa .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:18 AM   #1447
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I didn't expect a hay ride. No big occasion, just run out to Knill's farm and let Gus pick a pumpkin... already brought in from the field at the produce market, which is back on the farm. They always have a pair of goats penned and some chickens there, too, just for the kids. Never noticed the play box. They said it needed more corn. Seemed just nice for 'working it'.

The main lane in off the state hwy is also the entrance to a church next door. You come to a closed gate and hook left onto their lane. I knew the town uses the lan straight back behind the gate to access a water or sewage treatment facility or related thing. But the wagon ride went down there (part way) and I came to realize it's an old RR grade. Mt. Airy came to be as a whistle stop originally when the train (original B&O mainline) had to cross Parr's Ridge. I asked Mr. Knill about it and he said this grade was put in while they built the new tunnel in line with the original right of way. Shoot a straight line across the state rd over the ridge into town and you come to the freight depot on Main St. where the track crosses. Just learned another big thing about the area history all these people moving here have no clue about. People don't even know there is a tunnel, a long for the east tunnel. I've been told it is the longest tunnel east of the Mississippi.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...PaNAWBU-ecnpbK
I was watching some video on youtube a while back and that tunnel was one of the subjects. It never occurred to me it was that close to you.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:21 AM   #1448
davischevy

Tim, your hayride pictures are the stuff memories are made of. That boy will be somewhere 40 years from now and see a wagon and think of that day.

Old 10-18-2018, 06:19 AM   #1449
special-K
Special Order

I'm making the most of their time here in MD. When Grant is finished school in April, where they go depends on where he finds a job. Last week I thought about them, how it had been a while since we got together. I sent her a text, "I miss you guys", and that's all it took. They were up Sunday morning for the day. She's a great mom. He's a learner, too. Soaks it up like bread and gravy.

I meant to say about my hay wagon rides when I was young. They made me pay for the ride by taking and stacking the bales as the baler spit them out. Every time I had a good seat made the baler kept spitting bales and I'd have to keep on stacking! Looking back on it, I don't think the idea was ever for me to sit. Am I right?

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 10-19-2018 at 08:02 AM.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:40 AM   #1450
davischevy

I have a theory that once you have shown your willing to work, you are doomed.

I had a tightwad uncle down the road that couldn't get anybody to help him haul hay one year. Imminent rain was in the forecast so my dad and I agreed to help.

We went down there and found out why he couldn't get help. His bales were so heavy my gonads were complaining. I loaded one load, and told my dad screw this, we are working for free, he can load his own bales, and we found something else to do real quick.