The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-13-2017, 06:23 AM   #26
Ken B

Re: Hello and Could I get a little advise please..

Dang that truck is nice! The only ugly thing I see from here is the spid itself. It looks to be held on with clear scotch tape in one corner and red electrical tape in another... Someone mentioned Barrett Jackson prices... I was at Barrett Jackson New England this past summer. You wouldn't believe the pile of crap that I saw sell for 25k. No body panels lined up, (not even close) it leaned to one side and it had the ugliest set of 1980's aluminum rims on it. That was enough to make me close my eyes and walk away. If the truck you are looking at weren't cut down I'd say it would do 40k pretty easy at Barrett Jackson. I'm not saying the real world price is 40k by any stretch, everyone over pays at the auction. What it all comes down to is whether or not you plan on keeping the truck because resale is always going to be an issue. My biggest concern is this seller claims to know nothing...
Ken B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:39 AM   #27
Badcat

The way I see it, a truck, or anything for that matter, is only worth what some one is willing to pay. The motivations of the buyer are the primary variable.
I'm a car guy, always have been. I like drivers. Show cars are cool and I appreciate the work and craftsmanship that go into them, but I won't own something I couldn't or wouldn't take to the grocery store.
This truck falls into the driver category for me. I'm pretty sure I couldn't build it for $20k

Bob D.
Badcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:54 PM   #28
70 shorty
Where's my beer?

The price listed it 28500 firm, but that was before the seller knew it was a cut frame truck. I think the truck has a lot of "eyeball" to it, but there should be a price drop if for nothing else because the truck is not what it was listed as at the 28500 price.
'08 Tahoe LTZ 4x4 155K
70 shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:04 PM   #29
Badcat

I've learned a lot about the truck since Sunday. Some of it good, some at least enlighten for both the seller and myself. I've made my final offer which is a long way for him from where he started. We will see tomorrow how bad he wants to sell it.....

Bob D.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:48 AM   #30
Badcat

Well I bought it!!
After lots of discussion I paid a little more than I would have liked and the seller took a lot less than he wanted.
Overall the truck is great and fun to drive. Put about 250 miles on it (including the 130 miles home from the seller). A few things that have popped up since and may need some advise with, but will start different threads for those..
Thanks for all the input it helped a lot in the negotiations!!!

Bob D.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:29 AM   #31
Sweeet67

Congrats on a great looking truck!
Sweeet67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:18 AM   #32
snipescastle2

Talking Re: Hello and Could I get a little advise please..

Welcome! And that is indeed a very sharp truck. I agree with the earlier post about the price for a cut frame truck. Although the sum of the parts might be worth it, you can still build one for far less and get what you want without having to settle for something you know nothing about(details on the specifics of the truck) I bought my '71 as a basket case from a board member and after three long years, finally completed it last year. I did most all the work myself, except the final body work/paint (blocking/sanding/paint) I did a lot of trade work, swapped parts I had stashed, and my uncle has a powder coat set up for his "B mod" race car chassis and parts, so I got my chassis and several major parts powder coated for the cost of the materials, of course I had to do all the prep work.

Best thing about building one of these on your own is not only learning how it goes together, but you know exactly what you have and knowing that it's done to your expectations.
Good luck with your decision, I'm sure you'll enjoy it either way.
Ben Smith
snipescastle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 12:29 PM   #33
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Great looking truck.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:23 PM   #34
Badcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipescastle2 View Post
Welcome! And that is indeed a very sharp truck. I agree with the earlier post about the price for a cut frame truck. Although the sum of the parts might be worth it, you can still build one for far less and get what you want without having to settle for something you know nothing about(details on the specifics of the truck) I bought my '71 as a basket case from a board member and after three long years, finally completed it last year. I did most all the work myself, except the final body work/paint (blocking/sanding/paint) I did a lot of trade work, swapped parts I had stashed, and my uncle has a powder coat set up for his "B mod" race car chassis and parts, so I got my chassis and several major parts powder coated for the cost of the materials, of course I had to do all the prep work.

Best thing about building one of these on your own is not only learning how it goes together, but you know exactly what you have and knowing that it's done to your expectations.
Good luck with your decision, I'm sure you'll enjoy it either way.
Ben Smith
As I posted I already bought it. Building is always an interesting and enlightening endeavor but at my age I don't have the energy. I just wanted some thing to drive..
Besides, need to finish this first...
Attached Images

Bob D.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:53 PM   #35
rustytruck50

Consider this...if you feel good about the purchase, that's all you need to know. I've only had one car over the years that I didn't have lingering doubt about whether it was a good idea or not...ended up keeping it 11 years & had a great time owning it.

'05 RCSB Sierra 2WD
'71 Sierra 2WD Longbed
'98 Silverado K1500 Xcab...sold
'72 Highlander"Raymond"...sold
rustytruck50 is offline   Reply With Quote