The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2018, 03:33 AM   #1
81SierraGrande

5.7L Swap Help

Ok guys, I know it's another 5.7L thread. I have seen a bunch on the internet but none that answered my questions completely. I have a 1981 GMC K10, it has the 250 I6, SM465 transmission and im not sure which transfer case, probably an NP 208. I am swapping the engine out for a '97 5.7L Vortec. I am trying to figure out everything that is going to need changed for this swap. The motor was running when disconnected but all I have is the motor, nothing else off of the donor truck. I am doing away with the fuel injection and putting an intake and carburetor on it. I am also lost to what needs changed to get the motor hooked up to the bell housing and if the clutch needs replaced. I have heard so many different things, just trying to get some answers from someone who has done this swap before. I am trying to get as many parts as I can before I pull the motor and start this so I can get it on the road as soon as I can. Any suggestions, tips, tricks or anything are welcome. Just trying to get as much information as possible before doing this. Thanks for the time and all your help!

Last edited by 81SierraGrande; 02-19-2018 at 04:19 AM.
81SierraGrande is offline   Reply With Quote