The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-06-2017, 07:38 AM   #51
special-K
Special Order

Re: Good Neighbors.

Benefit of the doubt. I figure this is your chance to meet your neighbor and find out whether he's a decent guy, though naive, who just needs a good neighbor to show him how it is or an all out a-hole who needs to be told he'd do well to never do a thing like this again. If you get out of your meeting an admission that he did it, then include telling him this destruction of property & trespass is being reported to the authorities and go ahead and do that. That way you have the "me vs you" ironed out but also the legal grounds covered. If there is a report of this incident, and you can choose to not charge him with it, and there's a next time he will be in hotter water. I'd save the threats to bring a track hoe over as a last resort.

You could act like nothing happened, go meet the guy, Tell him you have the equipment to clear his driveway and you'd be honored to do his for free, and first snow set the bucket on the loader 12" too deep MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:19 PM   #52
davischevy

I have been through similar scenarios several times over the years.

I have subdivisions on the south and east sides of my property. Over the years I have had people throw a myriad of things over the fence to get rid of them.

Some times I just throw it back over, and if it happens again, I go to the door and politely tell them to stop.

I have only had one a--hole pop up. His attitude changed when he realized my brother in law was his boss.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:44 PM   #53
Daddy'O

Something similar happened in our little town a few years ago. A business woman bought some property on the highway next to a house moving business. There was a large cedar tree at the corner of the two properties. The business woman erected her business sign then realized the large cedar tree was blocking the west bound view of her sign. She poisoned the tree and we assume she thought the owner would eventually remove the tree. Two years later the tree was cut down by the business woman. Two days later the house moving outfit installed a very large diameter pipe in the ground (concreted) and stuck the tree back into the pipe. Still there today.

Our Shop Build - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=620966
'55 Wagon Build - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=689157
1971 Cheyenne Super Ochre/White LWB 350 Auto - my son's truck "Nancy"
1972 GMC K2500 Custom 4X4 Olive LWB 400 SB 4-speed -"Greenie" - Restoration to begin after the '55
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
Daddy'O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:42 PM   #54
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Sorry to hear of the tree Larry. I don't think I'd go over apologetically either. I do find myself trying to think things out before I go speak to a neighbor that is a moron. It costs too much to get out of jail these days.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:59 PM   #55
saxart

I have a very good friend who lives in an ocean-view house. Well, it would have been an ocean view house, but there was a HUGE redwood tree right in the middle of his view. (Belonged to the house down the hill from him) He did what I thought was a ballsy move and knocked on the guy's door to see if he'd remove the tree. Old guy comes to the door and tells him that he's been wanting to get the tree removed because it's so overgrown and messy. (It really did look out of place) The old man said he would call a tree removal and have it taken down now that he knows others want it gone as well.

A few months pass by and the tree is still there. Good friend goes and talks to the guy again and gets the same story. After a few more months go by good friend goes back to old man's house and offers to pay for the entire tree removal himself. Two days later the tree was gone. Cost my friend $4,500. Six months later the friend sold the house. It got into a bidding war. Realtor said it was the "ocean view" that really pushed things over the edge. Said he figured they probably made an extra $50K on the sale of that house because of the view. (Crazy CA real estate market!)

I guess this is proof that a man can get a lot farther with a good word and a checkbook than with a good word alone.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:56 PM   #56
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy'O View Post
Something similar happened in our little town a few years ago. A business woman bought some property on the highway next to a house moving business. There was a large cedar tree at the corner of the two properties. The business woman erected her business sign then realized the large cedar tree was blocking the west bound view of her sign. She poisoned the tree and we assume she thought the owner would eventually remove the tree. Two years later the tree was cut down by the business woman. Two days later the house moving outfit installed a very large diameter pipe in the ground (concreted) and stuck the tree back into the pipe. Still there today.
Hey Wayne, I had been wondering what had happened to you.

I was through, or rather by, Whitesboro on hwy 82 a couple months ago. I thought about you but we were on a schedule, so I had to keep moving.

Maybe next time.

In fact it's been a month or so since I have been anywhere, so I feel the need to travel.

I probably need to stay here and protect the rest of my trees.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:58 PM   #57
Daddy'O

Hey Larry – Yeah it has been a while. That little thing called life sometimes redirects our spare time for a while. All is good though. The 55 wagon is in paint & body jail. In the meantime we are installing a new engine and vintage air in the yellow & white 71 c10 we call Nancy. Blew a head gasket and lost a rocker arm in the old one in late summer (long story). We have been wanting to upgrade the climate control so it was a blessing in disguise as it motivated me to remove the old HVAC system and refurbish the engine bay while it’s engine free. Should have it back on the road sometime next month. The wagon on the other hand I expect will be late summer next year.

Good luck with your trees.

Our Shop Build - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=620966
'55 Wagon Build - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=689157
1971 Cheyenne Super Ochre/White LWB 350 Auto - my son's truck "Nancy"
1972 GMC K2500 Custom 4X4 Olive LWB 400 SB 4-speed -"Greenie" - Restoration to begin after the '55
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
Daddy'O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 09:06 PM   #58
davischevy

Well the camels back broke today.

It was beautiful here today, and I came home for lunch. I was out on the deck eating with my lovely wife, and noticed down near where the A-hole cut the tree the bushes were dead. Of course it wasn't hard to tell they had been sprayed.

My wife tried to play it down, but when I finished lunch I just sent down to the guys house. Instead of knocking on the door, I just opened the gate to the guys privacy fence and walked around his back yard a while. He was in the house watching me. I went back outside the gate intending to knock on the door and he met me at the gate.

He said "can I help you" I said "no I was just looking around your back yard to see it there was anything that didn't suit me so I could kill it."

He said "what are you talking about" and I proceeded to state what I said above. I told him if we were going to be neighbors he need to act like one and we would get along just fine.

I stuck out my hand and said "now lets start over, if you need something on my side of the fence come and ask and I'm sure we can work it out, but otherwise stay on your side."

Lets see how long that lasts.

Old 04-24-2018, 09:44 PM   #59
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

I stuck out my hand and said "now lets start over, if you need something on my side of the fence come and ask and I'm sure we can work it out, but otherwise stay on your side."

Lets see how long that lasts. [/QUOTE]

Hi Larry....It's a good start anyway ,,did he shake your hand when you offered it?
Old 04-24-2018, 09:48 PM   #60
In The Ten Ring

Gosh man be careful with what you are doing!

Build a tall fence, guard it with signs, dogs, and cameras. And for sure I'd stay off his land!

I'm no stranger to asserting dominance over my property or encouraging others to do the same but I do so with measure and an understanding of my legal rights. Going onto his property was a big "no no."
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:56 PM   #61
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

I have a neighbor that vandalized all of our cars one night. One of those things where you know who did it, but didn't see it? I then put up cameras that record to a server. I won't even say anything the next time something happens. Just save it until I have a few, and then go to the police. Proves an ongoing harassment problem. Not one act has been performed since the cameras went up, though. Money well spent. If they had gone into my yard and done something, I wouldn't be polite. But I expect that they won't do anything, what with 4 cameras at the front of the house. I'll be installing some in the back, soon.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:21 AM   #62
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Ten Ring View Post
Gosh man be careful with what you are doing!

Build a tall fence, guard it with signs, dogs, and cameras. And for sure I'd stay off his land!

I'm no stranger to asserting dominance over my property or encouraging others to do the same but I do so with measure and an understanding of my legal rights. Going onto his property was a big "no no."
Have you read this thread? The issue is this new neighbor has been coming on Larry's property on more than one occasion and destroying his property to suit himself. I feel Larry did exactly what any stand tall man would do in this situation. He nipped it in the bud face to face, ending it with an attempt at a diplomatic fresh start. That is great! Tall fences are BS when trying to just get along is the best solution. I hope you were kidding about the guard dogs, signs, and cameras. A little paranoid? This is only his next door neighbor. No need to start a war at this point. Diplomacy with a dose of "I'm not the one to eff with" seems the best solution at this point.

I don't think Larry needs any lessons from you. Looks like it;s the other way around to me. There are plenty here, including me, who could do the same for you if you are willing to learn.

I have a not so friendly clan around my property and have 30 years experience on how to handle them. I'm glad I didn't handle things your way or my life since '87 would have sucked. As it is, my home is still my sanctuary away from all that I don't care for in the world. On multiple occasions I've walked onto their property to confront as many as 5 of those inconsiderate males, set them straight, and turned my back on them with confidence as I walked away. I have them in a pretty good place now and life is good... over

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 04-25-2018, 09:13 PM   #63
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
I have a neighbor that vandalized all of our cars one night. One of those things where you know who did it, but didn't see it? I then put up cameras that record to a server. I won't even say anything the next time something happens. Just save it until I have a few, and then go to the police. Proves an ongoing harassment problem. Not one act has been performed since the cameras went up, though. Money well spent. If they had gone into my yard and done something, I wouldn't be polite. But I expect that they won't do anything, what with 4 cameras at the front of the house. I'll be installing some in the back, soon.
Are your cameras wireless? We need some at work and jobsites.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:06 PM   #64
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
Are your cameras wireless? We need some at work and jobsites.
No, we ran PVC for conduit and ran the wires through that.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:37 AM   #65
100%Chevy

I've been fighting trespassers on my place for over 30 years now!
You just can't keep them out,no matter what you do.
People don't have respect for others property any more.
I have an 1800' driveway leading to my house.
There is a double gate,usually left open.Posts have lights on them too!Just inside the gate is a tree with a no trespassing sign on it.Seems no one can read.My property is fenced.
I run people off,call the sherriff,make a lot of noise and it all works,till the next one shows up.
Yes,I have a remote,motion/sound activated camera near there too.But you can't monitor cameras all the time either.
Mostly what i get are Saturday night drunks,deer hunters and just plain old nosey people who want to see what's back there( the most common excuse)
My shop can't be seen from the gates at all.I've found one guy inside it when I wasn't watching and left the door open!He explained to the cops that he "Saw" some old cars and wanted to see if they were for sale!
I called the law on a guy who was walking down the right of way next to my place for shooting a carbine into the ground.He got really mad!I tried to explain to him about the high pressure 30"LPG line running just under ground.They took him away.
People are crazy now a days-You have to be careful!
It's the price you pay for privacy.
Mike.
100%Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:50 PM   #66
special-K
Special Order

Low level of respect for others out there these days. Common decency? Wuzzat? Seriously, many have no idea such a thing ever existed to be not abiding by. All about what they want with no regard for others. One day I expect someone will be asking Mike what he's doing back there before he gets a chance to ask them.

And that tree or bushes. What the heck, they bothered the guy and that's all that matters.

I took care of a 92 woman's hme and buildings on her farm. One day as I was about to head home, I look across the pond and creek to the strip of woods between the creek and road. I see someone in a red jacket and go to see what's up. I walk across the foot bridgge to see a lady hauling rounds of wood from a stack on a plastic shed to her Jeep. I had just cut the tree down the day before and stacked the wood against the bank to the creek behind a stand of bamboo to conceal is as well as possible. I had cut and stacked other wood before near the raod and is was gone the next day. I guess they figured the county had left it, as they will do. But they don't cut it to length and stack it for you! The wood the lady was hauling was green as a dollar bill. I asked her if she new the family and she replied, "Oh, is this private property?" No, you dipchit, it's a farkin' park! I didn't say that, I said,"Yes it is and I just cut that for the owner to heat her house with". She says "I live right up the road" and I give her a blank stare then say, "So you're a taking your neighbor's wood". "I guess I should put it back" she says. "That would be best" and I walk away. I think I had 7 or 8 wooden framed on post attractive "Private Property/No Trespassing" signs up along the road frontage, plus she was between the farm lane entrance and the driveway. These are people with good jobs and money in this area. All she knew is she wanted firewood. Damn cityots.
Attached Images

Tim

Old 04-26-2018, 11:12 PM   #67
joedoh

man that shot of PA really makes me miss PA.

my neighbors rock. the guy across the street has a warmed up truck and has NEVER goosed it in the neighborhood, idles in and idles out. the guy next door moved my trailer today (with my permission) so he could cut back his elm that was hanging over my parking area. I came out a couple hours later and he was picking up individual sticks from the gravel. the couple on the other side takes such good care of their back yard it looks like a park.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 06:43 AM   #68
flashed

Down here you cant give fire wood away even after its split unless you deliver it .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 07:15 AM   #69
special-K
Special Order

These are Suburbanites and most are working for the Fed or some other form of overpaid feather bedded leaves them felling entitled type of job. Where I live (used to be same down there) it's more make you own way common sense people, but the suburbanites are taking over with their 21st century BS, my new catch phrase overall description for under thinking me first want it all and want it now with a cherry on top I'll take the fancy whatever it is life circles around smart phone extreme lack of common sense mentality that is producing all the "what were they thinking" events we now are witnessing. You can see why I had to come up with something shorter... 21st century a-holes. I forgot to add in need next new thing screw the past

JoeDoh, you have a better life for your neighbors. I love where I live, but for the "clan" that surrounds my property who seem to resent my very existence. I think they had hoped to buy my place when old Nanabelle Sexton moved on, although she had told the patriarch he was the last person on earth she'd sell to. I think when the next folks sold it because of their unfriendly nature it went to a couple in the realtor's office with no sign hung out. Then, I was looking at places, dealing with that outfit when something I said about what I was looking for led the agent to tell me of this place, not on the market, while that couple were on vacation.

I do all I can to keep it neighborly but these folks seem to born into resentment. The more I improve my place it seems they are looking out their window saying "What nice thing is he doing over there NOW?" as if it's a bad thing. "He thinks he's better than us" rather than take the same pride in their place or give me a chance to do it as the neighborly guy I am. They all have things I have done for free including materials they never made effort reciprocating. But that's how I roll. I'd rather have the whole world owing me a favor than owe a soul a thing. I sleep well with that.

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 04-27-2018 at 07:29 AM.