The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-24-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Need help with some part #'s /sizes

I need to tackle my suspension, one of the only things on my truck that I personally haven't messed around with too much.

Right now in the rear I have (I think) Jeep springs and some Nitro Drop Shocks..unfortunately the part # 7506 no longer exists so I can't really cross reference them. I'm planning on ditching those and the springs, and replacing it with a set of coil-overs. How do I know how long or short to go for the best travel/function?
The rears would need to be about "15-16 at ride height, depending on how much drop the bracket has. (I've never weighed the truck, so I don't know how much is over the rear axle weight-wise) this also leaves me confused on what spring rate I need?

for the front, I've also got Nitro shocks but they are worn out and seem a bit flimsy. Mounted they are 11.5" long, so would a 9.25/13 shock work? Qa1 makes some pretty nice street rod shocks in that size.

Any help would be appreciated; no idea how to pick some of this stuff out.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:12 AM   #2
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Need help with some part #'s /sizes

No one has ever bought a custom shock or done coilovers? C'mon, I know thats not true

Old 04-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Need help with some part #'s /sizes

Well thanks to Ridetech's vault of information, I was able to get the approx vehicle weights (they even weighed an ls powered 66, perfect for my guesstimations!)

Looks like the 15-1700lb rated setups I see from them, qa1 and the likes should work fine.

'guess the suspension section has been asleep for a couple days.